Oh no.

Those f'ing moRONs all have their fingers crossed for the Death Penalty to be levied upon us. I can live with their hopes and dreams just like they had to live with mine when they were under the gun.

What pisses me off is that those asshats honestly believe that their program is squeaky clean. Anyone with an IQ knows they've been paying players for ever.

Fawk U Bama!

The next lawsuit should be 15 SEC schools-v- The SEC.

MOVE THE SEC HQ FROM BAMA! and not to Georgia.

I'm impressed. We whine like babies about Horns Down and you all get the State to sue the NCAA.
Welcome to the SEC.
Hi

NIL theory of operation (my assumptions):

1. Principles: Collective(s) and Athlete(s).

2. Collective signs Athlete to NIL during high-school? The collective acts as an agent to the athlete for N-I-L purposes only? Not to college programs?

3. The N-I-L agent then "shops" the athlete to the local market the athlete is interested in (Scholarship offer list)?

Example: Athlete is interested in five schools. Agent flies athlete to these five areas to meet and greet prospective advertisers, compiles the offers, provides offers to athlete, athlete chooses an offer, and then signs with the school that is within the selected offer area?

Oh, and btw, since the athlete is in town doing grip and grins with potential N-I-L users, athlete visits local college for recruitment (2 birds, 1 stone)?

I'm just wondering if I'm in the neighborhood of understanding NIL or do I need to move?

tia, tl;dr, stfu, gtfo
GBO!
FAWK BAMA!

If only the NCAA can figure out how to get a share of all these NIL deals, they might STFU. Lulz
That is the issue with the NCAA. They went from making bank off the athletic abilities of these kids and giving none of it in return to said players to basically panhandling for change. Serves them right.

Can some one do a gif using Gozer of Ghostbusters fame saying "Choose. Choose the form of the destructor." Then have Chancellor Plowman appear.

If there could be a regulation that the amount of money paid to athletes is set at a certain price for all schools this squabbling would end and every school would have an equal chance to get good players.

If there could be a regulation that the amount of money paid to athletes is set at a certain price for all schools this squabbling would end and every school would have an equal chance to get good players.
Well certain schools wouldnt follow the rules

Reactions: Wireless1

Don't be fooled by the ongoing chatter around college athletics that the NCAA is looking to right its wrong. The NCAA is hounding schools over past transgressions that it wasn't prepared to deal with almost three years ago. The upcoming battle between the State of Tennessee and the Commonwealth of Virginia could get messy, which is exactly what the Vols administration wants.

….The upcoming battle between the State of Tennessee and the Commonwealth of Virginia could get messy…
This implies that Tennessee and Virginia are fighting one another, not allied in fighting against the NCAA. Sloppy writing, or am I missing something? I thought Trey Wallace was a better writer than this.

@GordonC is better at English composition than numerous sports hacks publishing to the Web, but you’d never know it from his deliberate butchery in posts to VN.

VN Store

Back