'24 OH OL William Satterwhite (Tennessee)

Gonna ask this question generically, not about the recruiting of Satterwhite in particular:

What might go into a Tennessee's decision to offer a player so "late," after so many other big names have offered?

Kentucky made the first offer in May '22. Lots of big names offered in November. This month he got offered by Auburn, Wisconsin, Michigan, Bama, and more.

Gonna ask this question generically, not about the recruiting of Satterwhite in particular:

What might go into a Tennessee's decision to offer a player so "late," after so many other big names have offered?

Kentucky made the first offer in May '22. Lots of big names offered in November. This month he got offered by Auburn, Wisconsin, Michigan, Bama, and more.
Because Tennessee is selective under this staff. They don't just throw offers out

“I was excited because I love the way football is played down south, and I know the SEC is the best of the best,” Satterwhite told VolReport. “So, having an opportunity to play at Tennessee is great.”

Along with Tennessee, Satterwhite is being recruited hard by many schools — including Auburn, Cincinnati, Duke, Miami (Ohio), Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Pitt and Wake Forest. He is also in contact with Boston College, Northwestern, Ohio State and Purdue, but no offers have been extended from those schools yet.

“I talked to one of the O-line coaches, and the staff is lovely,” Satterwhite said. “We got to talk about engineering, and we are gonna hop on a call again to give me the chance to ask questions.”
rivals

GREAT kid. Well spoken. Articulate. Sharp. And of course, large.

He has locked in an OV to Alabama at the end of June (23-25), but based on what I took away from my time with him today, the Crimson Tide have a lot of growing to make up.

Satterwhite openly told me on record that Clemson, Georgia and Tennessee are his top schools. Then Alabama and Penn State.

I think Georgia is somewhat of a distant third in that first group. The Vols are in a very good position with a decision likely in the next two months. Clemson looks to be the strongest competition with Georgia hanging around.

He said he is working on scheduling OVs with Georgia and Tennessee for the middle of June. Clemson is who he is thinking about visiting on June 2-4 as of today.
-Chad Simmons

Still lacking in the way of true offensive tackles right now. The commits we have and those who appear to be ready to get on board are almost all hybrid or IOL guys. I like them all, but we need some pure tackle bodies.
agree but at this point glad to see us in on big time OL prospects, something we'd been lacking

WELL SPOKEN WANT!!!
Have we ever defined well spoken? Does that mean he’s dropping philosophical poetry and using words most people have to look up in a dictionary? How much of a gauge of literacy is Simmons actually getting from these interviews, and where on the 1-10 scale of eloquence of speech does Chad fall himself? Certain people would like to know…

Have we ever defined well spoken? Does that mean he’s dropping philosophical poetry and using words most people have to look up in a dictionary? How much of a gauge of literacy is Simmons actually getting from these interviews, and where on the 1-10 scale of eloquence of speech does Chad fall himself? Certain people would like to know…
Chad says “well-spoken” and “articulate,” as though they don’t already mean the same thing, so he may not be very high on the scale himself.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Still lacking in the way of true offensive tackles right now. The commits we have and those who appear to be ready to get on board are almost all hybrid or IOL guys. I like them all, but we need some pure tackle bodies.
True.

But there's always the transfer portal to tie up any loose ends in recruiting.

Perry is a solid tackel prospect.

How is Brian Grant developing?

True.

But there's always the transfer portal to tie up any loose ends in recruiting.

Perry is a solid tackel prospect.

How is Brian Grant developing?
The portal is still a major crap shoot unless you get a guy that's been a productive starter elsewhere. Yes, Perry is a nice tackle prospect, but we really need 3 tackles in this class. I've heard different things on Grant ranging from him being a year away (strength wise) to him being a future back up at best. He's put on the necessary weight already, so I guess we'll see next spring.

“The more trips I took and the more places I could compare to each other had me feeling differently about the schools on my list,” Satterwhite told On3. “I saw a lot of different things on visits and it has helped me piece it all together and have a set list now. That’s when Clemson, Georgia and Tennessee moved to the top three.
Satterwhite’s only official visit set so far is to Alabama on June 23. He said he’s likely to take one to Clemson on June 3 and squeeze in visits to Georgia and Tennessee between Alabama and Clemson.
“I’m planning to make a decision this summer,” said Satterwhite, the No. 196 overall player in the country. “I have to figure it out now. Talking it out with my family, comparing the schools to each other and these visits are helping get it down to one.

“Education will factor in. Distance will be a piece of my decision and then where I see the chance to play early at will all be things I look at.”
Tennessee: “Tennessee gives me that home feeling. It has northeast Ohio vibes there and I like the people around the program. I like the engineering program at Tennessee too and education is important to me, so that is something else that stands out.”
c.simmons

Tennessee: “Tennessee gives me that home feeling. It has northeast Ohio vibes there and I like the people around the program. I like the engineering program at Tennessee too and education is important to me, so that is something else that stands out.”

Distance, community, and engineering school tells me Vols lead.

this kid has a teammate named Rickey Williams that could blow up this year. He's a good looking LB

Distance, community, and engineering school tells me Vols lead.
You just about have to drive through Tennessee to get to Clemson or Athens from Akron. And it don’t snow down there! Kid needs to come to the Hill. 😎

VN Store

Back