Ohio State insider makes big claim about Buckeyes' NIL offer to 5-star OL David Sanders

I've always thought that was/is an irrelevant stat because it focusses on losing vs. winning. No one sits around bragging that they've "only" lost 7 games but never 8.
The part that stood out to me is that we were swept by the rest of our schedule which was all SEC teams.

I don't think there had ever been a previous season where we didn't beat one SEC team. Even Dooley managed to get a win against Kentucky or Vandy every year.

1724266491872.png

Was that the year they b*t**ed about our cleats being too long and giving an advantage on the sloppy field? LOL
Yes.

Our cleats were 1/4th an inch too long!!!

A large segment of their fanbase can be insufferable. They're pretty sanctimonious and default to "cheating" to excuse losses. Don't ask how a player of theirs can be bowl game eligible but suspended to start the next season, though.

Reactions: VAVol85
The part that stood out to me is that we were swept by the rest of our schedule which was all SEC teams.

I don't think there had ever been a previous season where we didn't beat one SEC team. Even Dooley managed to get a win against Kentucky or Vandy every year.

View attachment 669065
I still don't know how we managed to beat GT that year. I believe that was the game that the "turnover" trash cans debuted? Although I try my best not to recall much if anything from that season....

There are a lot of reasons David picked Tennessee NIL of course is one but there’s a whole lot of other factors. Plus if you guys didn’t know already, David Sanders will be live on Talking VOLS Sunday with Boogie Bentley.

Where did you get that information? That’s pushing $130,000,000 for 85 scholarships.
From a wealthy (hundreds of millions of dollars), well connected, tOSU athletic department booster. I do not know if that number includes everybody on the roster or if it means just the average of those that signed this year or just those that do have NIL deals. Nor do I know if it means $1.6 M per year or over 4 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShelbourneVol
From a wealthy (hundreds of millions of dollars), well connected, tOSU athletic department booster. I do not know if that number includes everybody on the roster or if it means just the average of those that signed this year or just those that do have NIL deals. Nor do I know if it means $1.6 M per year or over 4 years.
Those boosters have some money. That’s about 3 times the NFL minimum salary.

VN Store

Back