Oklahoma atmosphere may rival California

what a game. was in the nose bleed section, maybe 4 rows from the back, but loved every second of it. every seat is a good one in neyland. vandy's stadium is like that too.

what a game. was in the nose bleed section, maybe 4 rows from the back, but loved every second of it. every seat is a good one in neyland. vandy's stadium is like that too.

Most high school stadiums, like Vandy's, don't have many bad seats! 😜

That was my first home game as a student. It was quite the experience. If the fans can match the intensity then it should be a helluva game for Stoops and OU.

For some time now, I've thought the Cal game in 2006 it is a good analogy for the way the atmosphere is going to be at Neyland for the OU game this fall. Given the likelihood that Vol fans will be hyped to the max after Orange/White and the preseason practice frenzy, it could be even louder.

Also, I was curious to whether Vol fans would once more CheckerNeyland for a game and if OU would be that game, especially since they were so kind to set the stage with their red/whiting of Memorial Stadium last year. Checkerboarding Neyland was an awesome sight and created an amazing atmosphere. For me, I like to see it once every year or so. This year, I like the idea for OU because it is time for some payback and they are first on the payback list. First game with BGU in Nashville ought to be electric, too.

I firmly believe we will give them a very good game and possibly win. Dobb's role will be key.

Really should be a game we win at home. We gotta make Neyland a nightmare for opposing teams and become a true home field advantage again. Hasn't been one consistently in many yes. Gotta start winning those big games at home again.

I'll never forget that game. It could possibly be the loudest overall game I have ever attended. I'll never forget the electricity in the bathroom after the 1st quarter. Folks were screaming and yelling in the bathroom. One guy yelled "Tennessee is back baby!" And got an array of cheers. I can still feel the place shaking as Meachem ran down the sideline for the TD. Go Vols!!!

Agreed probably the loudest game I have been to or at least second to our last game we beat UF on the last second field goal. My ears rang for days after that game.

OU game is a noon kickoff according to other posts.

Don't think the real start time has been announced yet. Most likely that is the default time and whatever network picks up the game will set the time. Don't think CBS does games that early in the season so my guess would be a night game on one of the ESPN networks. Especially if we are both ranked, which both should be. Haven't looked at the schedule of games that weekend but would bet not many if any would be more appealing than UT\OU.

We owe them a beatdown

And they got it coming, no calling the dogs of after 3 quarters,need to put a beat down on them like 48-17 by 30 at least to show the nation Tennessee is the azz kickers instead of the receivers.:chair: and for of the afraid VOL FANS say we cant and wont do it to them, just sit back and enjoy the beat down, WE ARE TENNESSEE.:lolabove:

Reactions: 1 person
And they got it coming, no calling the dogs of after 3 quarters,need to put a beat down on them like 48-17 by 30 at least to show the nation Tennessee is the azz kickers instead of the receivers.:chair: and for of the afraid VOL FANS say we cant and wont do it to them, just sit back and enjoy the beat down, WE ARE TENNESSEE.:lolabove:

Classic. ..Love u TP

Reactions: 1 person

Attachments

• 200w-3.gif
    200w-3.gif
    1,009.4 KB · Views: 209

Really love our chances against them.They have to learn how to win these pressure/profile games. UF and Mizzou were both huge hyped up games and the players struggled with that pressure as did Butch and his staff. That play calling against UF was probably the worst called offensive game under Butch. And that's with those 2 horribly called games against Candy. Not sure Butch fully understood the pressure and everybody associated with TN the desire we have to get a win against Florida. Was obvious from the start the players and Coach's didn't handle the pressure well against FLor. Hopefully we don't see a repeat of that. Beating UF has to be at the very top of goals this yr.Still can't figure out how the hell we didn't beat them last yr. Ala is the biggest game for me every yr with UF being second. But know a lot of the younger generation probably has UF as the team they want to beat the most. And living in Birmingham probably adds to that hatred because I gotta deal with these a$$ hats 24/7 365.

Lynch, Jackson, and Jahvid Best were supposed to be unstoppable, until they stepped foot into Neyland Stadium and stepped onto Shield-Watkins Field. Anyone remember Montario Hardesty keeping his legs churning, busting out of the pile and taking it to the house?? Set the tone for the whole game. Loudest non-conference game I would agree. The first half of the Oregon game before the severe thunderstorm delay, Neyland was absoultely rocking.

That was a good team we beat down that year. Knocking that girly smirk off Nate Longshore's face was the highlight of the year for me.

Vandy's version of #CheckerNeyland. All their fans wore aluminum.

Attachments

• Vandy sellout.jpg
    Vandy sellout.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: 8 people
That Cal game had an amazing athmosphere. One of the best games I attended while a student.

Would love for the Oklahoma game to have a similar atmosphere and I think it could. I'm excited for it, already have off work that weekend.

VN Store

Back