Old news...

ManningBerry#1

I know this is old news but I have to wonder why jay graham went to Florida state after finally arriving at his alma mater.

Yes I know this is the 50th thread about it but damn. How can you be one of the best running backs of UT history and leave when legacys are being recruited and you get to have a part in one of the greatest college football venues.

Personally, I wonder if he, as a fsu coach, but as a UT alumni will attend any of our letterman events.

What does volnation.com think?

Next thing you know LSU will hire a head coach who played at Michigan, or Georgia will hire a head coach who played QB for Miami...or even worse...Florida will hire a head coach who played for Georgia.

How crazy would that be?

Reactions: 5 people
I know this is old news but I have to wonder why jay graham went to Florida state after finally arriving at his alma mater.

Yes I know this is the 50th thread about it but damn. How can you be one of the best running backs of UT history and leave when legacys are being recruited and you get to have a part in one of the greatest college football venues.

Personally, I wonder if he, as a fsu coach, but as a UT alumni will attend any of our letterman events.

some speculation that he didnt gel with the new staff. just VN speculation though.

The days of incest are over at virtually all of the major programs. Dollars drive the decisions now. The money is too big to be messed up by staying in-house with your hires.

Reactions: 1 person
Next thing you know LSU will hire a head coach who played at Michigan, or Georgia will hire a head coach who played QB for Miami...or even worse...Florida will hire a head coach who played for Georgia.

How crazy would that be?

Would be awesome if Florida hired a GA grad, cause he'd be a dumbass who'd run their program into the ground.

Reactions: 3 people
Love it when people act like going to school somewhere is like joining the mafia.

First off, loyalty doesn't mean **** when big money is on the table. So let's not be naive about that. Secondly, he didn't get along with his boss or the people he would be working beside.

For the sake of argument, let's assume you went UT and your dream was to come back as a professor. That's all you've wanted and you finally got the job. Then, the dean of your college and your department head leave along with a bunch of your fellow professors. Your new dean and dept. head are completely different than the old ones and want you to change the very way you teach your classes, curriculum, lecturing style, publishing requirements - the whole 9 yards . And oh yeah, they also want you to take a pay cut. Then, another school offers you a raise and tenure and a 10 year research grant. Do you take the new job or do you stick with your "dream job" at UT?

Jay Graham was looking out for what's best for his family. I know that as fans we get deluded into thinking that once you achieve a lot playing football at UT and then go on to a coaching career, then your every living breath should be dedicated to getting back to UT. And that may be true for some coaches. But I don't blame Jay Graham for a second for leaving for FSU and I don't think it's fair for us to call him out about not loving UT or not having enough pride to turn down a better job and stay.

Reactions: 3 people

I think that ship has sailed. Time to let it go and move on.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I strongly believe people leave managers and not companies... and for money obviously :p ha ha . It might be Jay Graham did not want to put in the time that Butch demands.

Or he felt he was the odd man out in that entire staff with being the only leftover.

Time to move on!

I strongly believe people leave managers and not companies... and for money obviously :p ha ha . It might be Jay Graham did not want to put in the time that Butch demands.

Or he felt he was the odd man out in that entire staff with being the only leftover.

Time to move on!

I think this is why he left

Reactions: 2 people
These days in bigtime college athletics you have to look out for good ol' numero uno. It's a cutthroat business and being the lone leftover from previous staff would be anything but easy. Loyalty means little anymore when dollar signs drive everything to do with college football. I cannot blame him for doing what he did. He will always be a Vol regardless...

How crazy would that be?

This. Dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!!

As opposed to a dumbass who thinks Kate Upton is ugly?

Oh, I don't know, Law. Personally, I have nothing against Ms. Upton. Maybe the guy who thinks that is talking about her personality when no cameras are around. Some beautiful gals really are ugly. Jessica Simpson doesn't brush her teeth. Neither Lindsay Lohan nor Paris Hilton doesn't have any sense. Nor does Britney Spears. Then there's the gal who gives stereotyped dumb blondes a bad name - that's Taylor Swift. However, as far as I know, Kate isn't this kind of ugly. But when she's around 50 or so, those wonderful curves are going to turn on her.

AGAIN! Jay Graham wanted to not only be the running backs coach but he wanted to be the recruiting co ordinator. Adding the recruiting co ordinator to his title would help him get a job as an offensive co ordinator at some point in the future.

CBJ had someone else in mind to be his recruiting co ordinator.

It makes sense! If he remains as only a running backs coach, then how will he move to offensive co ordinator then to head coach? He will end up being a career running backs coach.

I think he has done well by recruiting well.

AGAIN! Jay Graham wanted to not only be the running backs coach but he wanted to be the recruiting co ordinator. Adding the recruiting co ordinator to his title would help him get a job as an offensive co ordinator at some point in the future.

CBJ had someone else in mind to be his recruiting co ordinator.

It makes sense! If he remains as only a running backs coach, then how will he move to offensive co ordinator then to head coach? He will end up being a career running backs coach.

I think he has done well by recruiting well.

But he took the same position at FSU. He's their RB Coach not their Recruiting Coordinator. Tim Brewster is.

He left for the business purposes of it. He is a coach because it is how he makes a living, not just because he loves it and loves UT. Every married man and father on VN can at least relate to that.

How crazy would that be?

Or UT will hire a RB coach from UF.

VN Store

Back