Older car "green tax"

I’ve never had a brand new car and never will. I usually start about 2-3 years old and go until I feel they aren’t worth the cost to fix whatever is going on or maintain.
I can appreciate that. I only bought used cars till I was over 40 and married. My wife will not let me buy her a used car. By that time I had also had several company cars. Used to do most of my own maintenance too but nowadays I don’t even change the oil except on the mowers.

Reactions: AM64 and hUTch2002
I can appreciate that. I only bought used cars till I was over 40 and married. My wife will not let me buy her a used car. By that time I had also had several company cars. Used to do most of my own maintenance too but nowadays I don’t even change the oil except on the mowers.
Wait. We’re supposed to change the oil in a lawn mower?! 😳

This is where liberal plans fall apart. Who generally drives older cars? Not always the case but usually people who can’t afford newer ones. So what do we do with those people? Make them pay more. Liberals love to screech about oppression well this is what is actually looks like, all in the name of saving the climate! It’s just a matter of time until this happens though.

I bet you’ll never see a voting tax.

Reactions: AM64
To me cars are just a way to get from point A to point B. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the cars from the 60s and 70s as much as the next man, and some others as well, but I’m not willing to spend money on them.

To me cars are just a way to get from point A to point B. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the cars from the 60s and 70s as much as the next man, and some others as well, but I’m not willing to spend money on them.
My current work/lifestyle involves 95% of my driving being the daily commute, about a 50 mile round trip. As much as I’d like to have some nicer wheels, it may have to wait till I can restructure my business so I can take a road trip now and then.

Reactions: AM64 and hUTch2002
I didn't mean to imply what you describe doesn't happen, merely that the mechanics down there live a profoundly McGuyver lifestyle.

I agree; they definitely use some imagination and some ingenuity. I wonder how a lot of the US would manage if roles were reversed. My guess some people would do fine, but over half would be in really deep doo doo.

This is where liberal plans fall apart. Who generally drives older cars? Not always the case but usually people who can’t afford newer ones. So what do we do with those people? Make them pay more. Liberals love to screech about oppression well this is what is actually looks like, all in the name of saving the climate! It’s just a matter of time until this happens though.

Remember there are a lot of hardcore libs living in cities who don't own cars, so they aren't dependent on them in the first place. Goes back again to the urban/rural divide - it's not just a culture - a lot of it goes back to the mechanics of living, like cars vs mass transportation and distances traveled.

Reactions: hUTch2002

VN Store

Back