Olympic athletes warned to leave electronics at home, buy a cheap burner phone

Lincoln, founder of the Republican party, suspends habeas corpus on April 27, 1871.

So, I suppose, "Dems/Liberals" learned from the master...
Might want to check your dates there. Lincoln had been dead for 6 years at that point.

*pepe beat me to it*

Crap like this is more reason for me to not watch a second of the Games. I already decided not to, due to their responsibility for the WuFlu

How does that really punish China?
Decreased viewership = lower ratings = less TV revenue in future = less likelihood of another Games being held there.

Honestly, I'm so disgusted with China that I don't want to see or hear anything about the hellhole.

Reactions: AshG
How does that really punish China?

The TV ratings only indirectly punish the IOC. It's probably not likely to have much impact on TV contracts. The social pressure mechanism is probably more powerful than the profit mechanism in cases like this, but not sure the IOC cares about that. They're not a corporation in a competitive market. They are an international governing body.

So there is probably nothing to be done.

Decreased viewership = lower ratings = less TV revenue in future = less likelihood of another Games being held there.

Honestly, I'm so disgusted with China that I don't want to see or hear anything about the hellhole.

Be careful. Your owners will use this against you in the future. ;)

VN Store

Back