olympics in china

joevol320

was wondering what you guys think about how the chinese have been handling the olympics. it seems to me they're acting like that guy in college who was never popular but is trying to have a really cool party for all the cool kids.

it seem really pathetic by the way they're acting. i was wondering what you guys thought about it.

i know one reason why i'm not going to watch is that i dread hearing Costas and every other talking head kiss up to china and try to explain how complicated the politics are there and how the other world doesn't understand.

complete train wreck of an idea.

Communist nation with overcrowding, incredibly poor populace, smog and lunatic leaders. Just a tough way to go.

didn't they level a bunch of homes so they could build the olympic stadium and village there?

Seems we can't figure out of the Olympics are supposed to be political or not. For some issues yes for others no.

The censorship issues are particularly troubling.

I wonder if the commies will shoot Yao Ming if the Chinese mens' basketball team doesn't win the gold.

The MC Bejing.........

Flash-Gordon-Ming_l.jpg

I find the feeling the need to apologize the stupidest part of the story. Why apologize if wearing the mask is something you feel you need to do?

I think the apology was just a reflex action. Our team comes from a culture where some people live to be offended.

I thought it was mildly amusing. But I don't see how an overt act such as showing up in Beijing wearing a protective mask isn't not sending some kind of message...even subtly.

I thought it was mildly amusing. But I don't see how an overt act such as showing up in Beijing wearing a protective mask isn't not sending some kind of message...even subtly.

So is apologizing and so is making a big deal about it. I say let the athletes do whatever dumb thing they think gives them an edge.

and the biking crowd is the biggest herd of hypochondriacs on earth.

not only that, they have to be some of the most arrogant people besides soccer players. i have a friend of mine who rides bikes and the guys he rides with are complete jerks and so cocky. i don't why but they are.

So is apologizing and so is making a big deal about it. I say let the athletes do whatever dumb thing they think gives them an edge.

I agree that our athletes can do whatever dumb thing they want. That wasn't the point of my original comment.

not only that, they have to be some of the most arrogant people besides soccer players. i have a friend of mine who rides bikes and the guys he rides with are complete jerks and so cocky. i don't why but they are.
I think that generalization is very hard to make.

VN Store

Back