One Wrong Condemns Them to Hell

Click baity AF title.

Unbaptized infants dont go to hell if they die. It's not even considered a sin. And considering baptisms take all of not even 5 minutes it's an incredibly small inconvenience.

Now if I was these parents I would be pissed, but assuming their kid is now going to hell displays quite the lack of understanding of our faith. At the very, absolute worst, they would have to go through the RCIA process and "convert", if they wanted to correctly go through the rites. I think there is even a program for lapsed Catholics, which is even less than RCiA. None of which are required to go to heaven or avoid hell.

But please go ahead and push completely bs arguments based on completely unsupported assumptions on another's religion.

Click baity AF title.

Unbaptized infants dont go to hell if they die. It's not even considered a sin. And considering baptisms take all of not even 5 minutes it's an incredibly small inconvenience.

Now if I was these parents I would be pissed, but assuming their kid is now going to hell displays quite the lack of understanding of our faith. At the very, absolute worst, they would have to go through the RCIA process and "convert", if they wanted to correctly go through the rites. I think there is even a program for lapsed Catholics, which is even less than RCiA. None of which are required to go to heaven or avoid hell.

But please go ahead and push completely bs arguments based on completely unsupported assumptions on another's religion.

Don't I remember the Vatican making some sort of proclamation this century regarding unbaptized babies now getting into Heaven instead of being stuck in limbo just a few years ago? Your own religious leaders and scholars misinterpreted your religion for thousands of years, yet you quibble with my thread title?

Don't I remember the Vatican making some sort of proclamation this century regarding unbaptized babies now getting into Heaven instead of being stuck in limbo just a few years ago? Your own religious leaders and scholars misinterpreted your religion for thousands of years, yet you quibble with my thread title?
Dont call Catholicism MY religion. I believe most of them are going to heaven but Catholic theology on Salvation, Free Will, and Grace is far removed from my humble Protestantism.
That whole Reformation business was pretty serious and there is a reason the Western Church still remains divided 500 years later.

Click baity AF title.

Their POTUS is busy becoming the worst POTUS ever. The OP and websites where this was linked from are desperate to discuss anything not related to Biden.

Their POTUS is busy becoming the worst POTUS ever. The OP and websites where this was linked from are desperate to discuss anything not related to Biden.

I'm bored with the political discussions. Nobody can ever seem to admit there guy sucks or screwed up at all. It is almost comical the amount of mental gymnastics people will undergo to avoid admitting the guy they voted for blows.

Reactions: GVF
I'm bored with the political discussions. Nobody can ever seem to admit there guy sucks or screwed up at all. It is almost comical the amount of mental gymnastics people will undergo to avoid admitting the guy they voted for blows.

That certainly happens but this is reaching as far as threads go.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
For starters, infant baptisms are unnecessary as it is that faith that claims we are born into sin, not the Trinity. We are sinless until we reach the mental understanding of a relationship with or without God. I have seen young kids around 8 get baptized because they felt that in their heart, and it was totally their own decision. I have seen adults of all ages and generations make the same decision at that point in their life that it became aware to them. The common denominator is the person getting baptized came to that decision in their time. It was not made for them when they had no means of communication, or understanding. God cares for the children and instructs us to do so as well. As for using We or I in the proclamation of faith in baptism, is the trinity not one and three in the same? Decisions such as this by a religious establishment is why so many people resist. But, then again resisting God based on other peoples "christian" actions is not an excuse we'll evade, since we can only answer for ourselves.

And the bottom line is that politics cannot really fix what ails us. Politics is merely a bandaid to attempt to deal with the consequences of mankind‘s sinfulness

Reactions: Freiwillige
I quibble with the church too. Taking part in the upcoming synod hopefully. They arent the arbitrators of heaven/hell as much as they want to be, again something I quibble with.

Also limbo is different than hell. If you are operating under the assumption they exist as described. I may not have commented on the title if it said limbo.

And sadly the reason for the correction you mentioned js the proclivity of abortion. The churches stance was incorrectly (possibly it's really up to the big G) assuming they were stuck in limbo due to the actions of others.

For starters, infant baptisms are unnecessary as it is that faith that claims we are born into sin, not the Trinity. We are sinless until we reach the mental understanding of a relationship with or without God. I have seen young kids around 8 get baptized because they felt that in their heart, and it was totally their own decision. I have seen adults of all ages and generations make the same decision at that point in their life that it became aware to them. The common denominator is the person getting baptized came to that decision in their time. It was not made for them when they had no means of communication, or understanding. God cares for the children and instructs us to do so as well. As for using We or I in the proclamation of faith in baptism, is the trinity not one and three in the same? Decisions such as this by a religious establishment is why so many people resist. But, then again resisting God based on other peoples "christian" actions is not an excuse we'll evade, since we can only answer for ourselves.
If only the Catholic church had some other rite beyond baptism that allowed the young adults to make their own decision on their faith.

some way for them to confirm their faith, where they take on the faith themselves? Maybe call it Confirmation? That sounds like a great idea. I will let the Catholics back in 1932 know.

Reactions: GVF
If only the Catholic church had some other rite beyond baptism that allowed the young adults to make their own decision on their faith.

some way for them to confirm their faith, where they take on the faith themselves? Maybe call it Confirmation? That sounds like a great idea. I will let the Catholics back in 1932 know.

That makes me curious if they have anything like that. My wife's family is catholic, but only one sibling still goes. She did not grow up in it, other than her dad took the other siblings before she was born.

I am Catholic and this is stupid. If my kids were one of the baptized, I would do nothing about it and continue on with my life. The Catholic Church keeps doing these kinds of silly things and then wonders why its membership is shrinking and why people say it is out of touch. Moral stances (abortion, assisted suicide, etc.) I get, but things like this are just assine and petty. Leave the people he baptized alone and move on or continue withering away.

Someone actually wrote an article about this. If you dedicate your child to Christ you raise them by God’s laws. Sprinkling water on their forehead once shouldn’t change how they were raised. I understand this is important to Catholics but in the scheme of things you’ve got years to bring your children up to know right and wrong. This one wrong word doesn’t tear it all down.

That makes me curious if they have anything like that. My wife's family is catholic, but only one sibling still goes. She did not grow up in it, other than her dad took the other siblings before she was born.
They do. My second paragraph was tongue in cheek.

According to the church after confirmation it's not on the parents what the child does in relation to their faith choices.

VN Store

Back