Opponents weaknesses

"It is the same offensive/defensive lines" is exactly what you said. Then you were hit with facts to show you were wrong. You went on to argue that because past teams lost road games ... the current one should be expected to also. Ridiculous.

Outside of LSU and Pittsburgh in 2022, Tennessee has lost ever major road game since Heupel has been there. It is a trend. I think we can brink that trend but it is something to watch. Florida and Missouri were bad losses. We were not competitive against Georgia either (and haven't been yet). I love what Heupel is doing but we need to stay in the world of realism.

Outside of LSU and Pittsburgh in 2022, Tennessee has lost ever major road game since Heupel has been there. It is a trend. I think we can brink that trend but it is something to watch. Florida and Missouri were bad losses. We were not competitive against Georgia either (and haven't been yet). I love what Heupel is doing but we need to stay in the world of realism.

So...outside of the big road games we won...we lost the others?

In our most recent road game, our ONLY one under our current QB, we beat the crap out of the Big 10 team 35-0. 😆

Last edited:
UGA pass rush is till better than 95% + of everyone else in the NCAA
I don't disagree they will have a strong pass rush, but the difference is their pressure this year is expected from the edges. The interior of their d-line is not what they are accustomed to, in 2022 Hendon was getting instant push and pressure up the middle all game long. That broke the running game and the passing game, if we can hold up in the middle it will allow our offense to operate better.

Alabama in 2024 looks like a clone of Tennessee. They lost a lot of players but even with that, they are still probably on our talent level at least. That is going to be a heck of a game IMO. EDIT: Kalen DeBoer filled some weak points with players from Arizona and Washington.

Oklahoma will be an interesting matchup as well.

There are some people that have us losing or struggling with NC State, I don't see that one. I think we won't be an underdog until the Oklahoma game.

We are NOT beating Georgia. I just don't see it. Georgia would have to help Tennessee to win that game.
I mean anything can happen in football, but yeah we ain’t winning that one

Reactions: volbound1700
Here are some things I've heard about our opponents from national media which should bode well for us

1. UGA pass rush isn't anywhere near where they've been over the past several years

2. The Florida offensive line is still "finding itself", which is national media code for "they suck"

3. Jackson Arnold has a turnover problem

4. Bamas secondary is young and mostly inexperienced and they are 115th overall in returning production

This is the first preseason in a long time I legitimately think we can win every game. Good coach+good players+opponent deficiencies=success 🦖🦖🦖
I think it's UGA's interior DL that isn't going to be as good as usual, I don't think pass rush is going to be an issue. They are loaded with talented linebackers and edge guys. No force of nature up the middle though like Jordan Davis or Jalen Carter.

Bama also has plenty of talent in the secondary to be really good. The key to me will be seeing how that unit coalesces without Saban's oversight.

I think Bama's biggest problem is they have no experience or returning production at the skill positions. They're best player is probably a freshman WR.

Here are some things I've heard about our opponents from national media which should bode well for us

1. UGA pass rush isn't anywhere near where they've been over the past several years

2. The Florida offensive line is still "finding itself", which is national media code for "they suck"

3. Jackson Arnold has a turnover problem

4. Bamas secondary is young and mostly inexperienced and they are 115th overall in returning production

This is the first preseason in a long time I legitimately think we can win every game. Good coach+good players+opponent deficiencies=success 🦖🦖🦖
Run the damn ball !

VN Store

Back