Opt-outs in the 12-team playoff era?

Move portal window to open right after National Championship. Move NSD to March because they won't be here until like July anyway. Now you know what transfers you have going into NSD and nothing else is really affected.

They capped rookie contracts, so the Ryan Leaf “generational wealth” doesn’t happen until after year 4, depending on level of player success. Some of the better college players could make more money staying in college than going to the draft. I don’t think you’ll see as many opt out that are in the playoff. Honestly though, it’s their decision so we just have to accept it.

Also, NIL isn’t tied to playing time. You can’t force a student to not transfer or not quit school after a completed term.
Tyler Baron decision probably.

I think it will be rare at first, and will probably be limited to 1st round level players. 1st round contracts in 2023 ranged from $13 to 41 million, with top 12 picks getting contracts of $20 million and up. Maybe not 'generational' money for the most part, but certainly life changing.
If that isn't what you call generational money, can your family go ahead and adopt me?

They will play in the Playoffs. You won't see opt-outs in the Playoffs. Only bowl games.

As a coach, I wouldn't mind it because I get a chance to give my team for NEXT YEAR great experience. Bowl games are slowly becoming NFL Preaseason type games.

If that isn't what you call generational money, can your family go ahead and adopt me?

I was only responding to a post suggesting it wasn't generational money until you get to the second NFL contract. To me? 12+ mil is clearly generational money, but it's all relative, I suppose.

VN Store

Back