Our first sec game

Great point!

The OP doesn't remember but UT's 1st SEC game was UGA, followed by UF. Now that was tough.

Yeah I really don't want to play UGA right now....not until Worley either settles down, and gets accuracy, or is replaced by someone who can at least run...:p

We did play them in December after 911 and won. This arguement has been going for a long time. I think it doesn't matter when you play UF. You either have the squad ton eat them or don't. Baring injuries, dates really don't matter. By the fourth game of the season you are what you are. No practice will help that

I'll show you mine if you show me yours first.

I'm 19 and it seems like as long as I can remember Florida has been our first conference game. Lately that hasn't turned out well for us. starting (0-1) in conference the last 8 eight years. I didn't have to research that btw espn has brought it up all week. Could we possibly switch the Florida game with vandy or kensucky? It would help the teams confidence for the year,(I'm not saying switch by saturday but in a few years) and give us more time to fix some problems and find answers before we play a quality opponent.

The conference schedules conference games, not UT's Athletic Department.

Why do they keep flip flopping our last game between Kentucky and Vandy? I do like Vandy being last.

Why do they keep flip flopping our last game between Kentucky and Vandy? I do like Vandy being last.

They really don't. We've played UK last since 2003, but before that, Vandy had been UT's last conference game since 1939. The only exception was 1944, when we didn't play Vanderbilt at all.

I'm 19 and it seems like as long as I can remember Florida has been our first conference game. Lately that hasn't turned out well for us. starting (0-1) in conference the last 8 eight years. I didn't have to research that btw espn has brought it up all week. Could we possibly switch the Florida game with vandy or kensucky? It would help the teams confidence for the year,(I'm not saying switch by saturday but in a few years) and give us more time to fix some problems and find answers before we play a quality opponent.

It didn't used to be that way, back in the day Florida always came later in the year.

Florida would be adamantly opposed to such a move, given the fact that they finish with a strong intrastate rival, Florida State.

It didn't used to be that way, back in the day Florida always came later in the year.
Back in the day the Vols played the gators every 5 or 6 years. With expansion and division alignment they play each other every year. That's when the rivalry began, that and the pee balloon bombs.

Back in the day the Vols played the gators every 5 or 6 years. With expansion and division alignment they play each other every year. That's when the rivalry began, that and the pee balloon bombs.

Perhaps I'm strictly recalling the 1990 to 91 seasons for some reason.

VN Store

Back