Our record when Georgia comes to town

dblutfan

What will our record be going into the Georgia game, 3-2, 4-1 maybe 5-0? I have a feeling we will be 4-1.
I also believe we win 1 of the 3 October games. :td:

3-2 most likely. 4-1 means we most likely beat UF.... <----- Never a bad thing!

Reactions: 2 people
Most likely 3-2. I think we beat either Georgia or South Carolina this year. I know on paper it doesn't sound likely, but I'm calling it. I just feel it and certainly am hoping for it.

What will our record be going into the Georgia game, 3-2, 4-1 maybe 5-0? I have a feeling we will be 4-1.
I also believe we win 1 of the 3 October games. :td:

6-0. After seeing us trounce Oregon by 47 points and Florida by 38, Georgia will call and forfeit the game rather than making the trip.

Reactions: 7 people
3-2. I think we play both Oregon and Florida better than people may currently expect, but until I see how we develop throughout fall practice and in our early games, I'm hesitant to call either a win. Oregon just has too much speed and can score too quickly.

And Florida's roster (on a whole) is in much better shape than ours. Plus, we've only won twice in the Swamp since the end of the Vietnam War...

As much as I'd like 4-1 or especially 5-0, I'm thinking 3-2.

I'm trying to be as realistic about this season as possible. One of my biggest fears this year is that the fan base is building up CBJ so much, so quickly, that we're giving ourselves false hope of an 8-9 win season, and when/if we end up at 5-7 or 6-6, people are going to freak and turn on him. The higher you lift your expectations, the further you fall and the harder it hurts when you hit the ground when those expectations aren't met. I'm sticking to my guns of a 6-6 year, and will be extremely pleased with 7-5 based on this schedule and our returning talent changing playbooks and schemes (again).

Reactions: 6 people
3-2. I think we play both Oregon and Florida better than people may currently expect, but until I see how we develop throughout fall practice and in our early games, I'm hesitant to call either a win. Oregon just has too much speed and can score too quickly.

And Florida's roster (on a whole) is in much better shape than ours. Plus, we've only won twice in the Swamp since the end of the Vietnam War...

I agree with this. Nicely put.

3 and 2 and if we can get good Quarterback play the DOGS are going down a good old fashion azz whipping behind the woodshed.:bottom:

As much as I'd like 4-1 or especially 5-0, I'm thinking 3-2.

I'm trying to be as realistic about this season as possible. One of my biggest fears this year is that the fan base is building up CBJ so much, so quickly, that we're giving ourselves false hope of an 8-9 win season, and when/if we end up at 5-7 or 6-6, people are going to freak and turn on him. The higher you lift your expectations, the further you fall and the harder it hurts when you hit the ground when those expectations aren't met. I'm sticking to my guns of a 6-6 year, and will be extremely pleased with 7-5 based on this schedule and our returning talent changing playbooks and schemes (again).

Im with you when we lose 2 or 3 in a row where will the fan base be, got to stand behind the program no matter what where we can keep this top rated recruiting class together these recruits read the paper to need to keep the vibes high no matter what if we get beat by 40 by someone we can make it sound like 14 if we want to got to keep the recruiting class together.

Who knows? But to come out of the UGA game with a 4-2 record somehow would nearly be a miracle. That means either UF, Oregon, or UGA has been beaten by UT. Either one of those is a good thought and needs to happen.

Reactions: 1 person
Wait, you better not count out the hilltoppers! They are loaded with NFL talent and they now have Evel Knievel as their coach. Hopefully we can handle Austin Peay.

Sarcasm or you're going with 0-5...meter's on the fritz.

Im with you when we lose 2 or 3 in a row where will the fan base be, got to stand behind the program no matter what where we can keep this top rated recruiting class together these recruits read the paper to need to keep the vibes high no matter what if we get beat by 40 by someone we can make it sound like 14 if we want to got to keep the recruiting class together.

I don't see this fanbase turning if we lose two or three in a row. I see a reality check if we do. You still have some who didn't like the hire and even with the recruiting success they're taking that wait and see approach and losing some games strengthens their position especially against Hart. I think we shock the sec personally primarily on defense. BigDan, Mozilla, the Hood. You can't sleep on these boys and they're sick of losing.

Reactions: 1 person
Who knows? But to come out of the UGA game with a 4-2 record somehow would nearly be a miracle. That means either UF, Oregon, or UGA has been beaten by UT. Either one of those is a good thought and needs to happen.

This would be awsome and it would give CBJ his first signature win.

1-4. South Alabama is no joke, people.

Haha - well played. Realistically though, I live in Mobile and yes, they in fact are. 3-4 to start out sounds about right to me. We all know Richt has the ability to blow a sure fire win every now and then so I think there's a glimmer of chance there.

Last edited:
Wow. I guess Butch does NOT get it! At least you don't think so.

Butch gets it, Fade does not....

That is why one is a coach and the other is a so-so Fan.

Fade, jk, I know you are just trying to be realistic negative self so have fun.....but 1-4 get real....not happening....

Butch gets it, Fade does not....

That is why one is a coach and the other is a so-so Fan.

Fade, jk, I know you are just trying to be realistic negative self so have fun.....but 1-4 get real....not happening....

Do you think most people on here really believe that I think we lose to South Alabama? If so, that is some sad commentary on their ability to detect sarcasm.

6-0. After seeing us trounce Oregon by 47 points and Florida by 38, Georgia will call and forfeit the game rather than making the trip.

And yet still...David pollack will predict that Uga will win by at least 78 points...as they(apparently) always do. And espn will continue to pay him for his "expert analysis". What a joke. And tool!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back