Our starting OL in 2014

Well I guess it depends on how fast and athletic Carr ends up being. If he has a great first step and is explosive off the line of scrimmage, he may be more valuable coming off the end as a pass rusher. Yeah Latroy Lewis could start as well. However we need depth big time on the DL and we cannot rely on true freshmen to provide it. I'm thinking CBJ will go after at least a couple of quality JUCO guys.

I always liked Chavis/Fulmer's philosophy on recruiting/developing defensive players. Recruit strong safties and running backs to be linebackers, recruit linebackers to be defensive ends, recruit defensive ends to be defensive tackles, and recruit defensive tackles to be offensive linemen. This always puts an emphasis on speed and athleticism at every position instead of pure bulk. When Dooley got here he wanted size size size. That's all well and good but if you are slow and lack athleticism, pure bulk doesn't do you any good. It looks good when you're looking at a roster in a program but on the field it don't mean squat.

Sal disagrees...

VN Store

Back