Over/Under - UT scores 40 points vs OU

• Over

Votes: 147 60.0%
  • Under

Votes: 91 37.1%
  • Same

Votes: 7 2.9%

• Total voters
Go look at our stats on ncaa.com and see how many we are top 5 in. Offense and defense both top 2. And that’s with other teams like Ohio state who haven’t played any talent at all literally
You could combine all 3 of Tennessee’s opponents defensive teams & I doubt more than 1 would start for Oklahoma.

Reactions: njvols
OU will be ready for us. Don't care how they struggled against other teams this season so far at times. Too much pride on the line. Just joined the SEC? Playing in their first SEC game? Knowing full well the reputation that the SEC has and that there are some people saying that they shouldn't be joining? Oh no. They going to be ready to scrap. They've also got the home field advantage. I remember when Missouri first joined the SEC. I laughed. I said what we need is another Vanderbilt in the SEC. Then they turned around and damn near won the SEC. Oklahoma's head and shoulders above where Missouri was when they came on board.
Nobody in Norman Oklahoma is shaking in their boots knowing the Tennessee is coming to town. This is going to be a 4 quarter slug fest. I think it's going to be a 33-28 win with them driving at the end of the game trying to steal the win.

We’ve got a really good team that hasn’t played anyone yet. Kent State is the worst team I’ve ever seen, NC State was barely ranked, and Chattanooga is an FCS school. We’ll win this game comfortably but I’m not expecting a blowout “fiddy” win. I’ll be glad to eat crow if the blowout happens though!
Agree 100%. I think we'll win, but at OK at night, primetime game of week, against a good D may make it closer than we think. I think we may struggle, but as long as D does it's job and gives us possessions, and we don't turn the ball over, we should win.

"It's a Nameless/Faceless Opponent..." - Coach Josh Heupel
5ax2pcwv3r681.jpg

This will definitely be a juiced up environment, but I loved the video of Nico saying he prefers playing on the road. Our guys are ready for a real challenge. I think we win, something like 37-24. So I take the under on 40 points, the over on 47.5 total, and covering the 7.5 spread.

Over. The Vols have had to take their foot off the gas in every game so far. I also believe the OU defense “greatness” is being too generous. I’ve watched their games against subpar teams. They aren’t that good. More like a middle of the pack SEC defense. Probably along the lines of the SEC’s 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th best defense. OU will not have a very good SEC record this year. Their years of being the conference darling is over.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Not only that but Venables was a d**m good DC at Clemson whom had won NCs. He knows great defense. He’ll have every exotic blitz/coverage/confusion package ready to throw at Nico. They’ll be ready on all sides.

On the flip side, I have a feeling Heupel has been developing a “special” playbook for this specific game - 4 years in the making. He has his QB. Freshman no doubt but a great one….and a strong defense.

LFG!!!
Idk about 4 years in the making. Maybe 3 weeks in the making. Both teams will be ready to play on Saturday. OU will be ready for their first SEC game, and they will be hyped up because not many people are going to pick them to win this week. On the flip side, i think TN will be Angry, taking on the persona of their coach who wants revenge. This game will be decided on the lines of scrimmage, TN has the advantage there. Give me the Over, with a score of 34-17 vols.

Reactions: Gandalf
Rambling thoughts about the game:
Different coaches and different era, but OU wouldn't be the first underperforming team that suddenly figured it out against the VOLS. For that reason alone, I have BVS for this game. The desire for CJH to win is immense I know, but so will the desire on the OU side to win their first ever SEC game. I fully expect OU to be geeked out and the VOLS will get their best shot.
I honestly think I would feel better if the VOLS were playing UGA or BAMA this week.
I took the under even though OU has struggled, they are the first legit program the VOLS face this year.

Idk about 4 years in the making. Maybe 3 weeks in the making. Both teams will be ready to play on Saturday. OU will be ready for their first SEC game, and they will be hyped up because not many people are going to pick them to win this week. On the flip side, i think TN will be Angry, taking on the persona of their coach who wants revenge. This game will be decided on the lines of scrimmage, TN has the advantage there. Give me the Over, with a score of 34-17 vols.
34 points would be the under.

Under. OU may not be top tier team, but they still have plenty of talent. They're playing at home, at night, and they'll be fired up to play. I could see the game going like it did for the first several series against NC State where neither team really takes off, but at some point our DL will take over. The margin of victory will depend on how they're QB plays. If he continues his trend, it could get out of hand quickly. If he plays well and their defense is solid this game will go to the wire. Our defense needs to disrupt, and Nico has to be smart with the ball. He's going to get some chances in this game because I think OU will sell out to stop our run game.

NC State (64) and Tulane (60) are in the same relative position (Sagarin).
Oklahoma will be looking at State film and we will be looking at Tulane film.
I wonder how much they were holding back from showing and what we have yet to unveil???
It IS going to be loud.
We appear to be the better team statistically, but again ... Nico is about to see some wrinkles he has not yet seen.
I think our offense and defense have played loose ... but might be hit in the mouth early.
I expect the depth in the trenches to be the difference ... late in the first half and in the 4th. Adjustments will be key ... looks like we are making better adjustments on the fly ... this year.
Maybe Oklahoma was looking ahead ... and that accounts for some of the lackluster play.
With no turnovers ... Tn 38 - Ok 17

VN Store

Back