OWH's Topic That Will Never Die XXIII

Thought that the arctic blast would reach us in the wee hours. No. Drizzle and 40 at 5am. Temps dropping by the hour. Below freezing by sunrise and 20s by 8am. Wind chills in the single digits by 10am. Here she comes…

Good afternoon everyone out out there. I'm stuck in the house due to a driveway full of snow and can go nowhere where it's a solid sheet of ice. It might be pretty to look at,but it's no fun to be cooped up not doing anything. Consider yourself lucky if you haven't gotten anything.

Reactions: volwindy
Good afternoon everyone out out there. I'm stuck in the house due to a driveway full of snow and can go nowhere where it's a solid sheet of ice. It might be pretty to look at,but it's no fun to be cooped up not doing anything. Consider yourself lucky if you haven't gotten anything.
That's @joevol33 and me. Maybe @VolNExile too! 🥳🥳🥳

That's @joevol33 and me. Maybe @VolNExile too! 🥳🥳🥳
Feh!

I wouldn't want to be snowed in for a week or something, but sheesh, one snow day would be nice! I can always find something to do, including sleeping. We did have flurries this morning for 20-30 minutes, but no accumulation.

ETA (edit to add): it was 30 degrees this morning when I got up. Now it's 17 and dropping. So yes, we get the serious cold and the busted pipes, but no snow. Nope.

Reactions: volwindy
Feh!

I wouldn't want to be snowed in for a week or something, but sheesh, one snow day would be nice! I can always find something to do, including sleeping. We did have flurries this morning for 20-30 minutes, but no accumulation.

ETA (edit to add): it was 30 degrees this morning when I got up. Now it's 17 and dropping. So yes, we get the serious cold and the busted pipes, but no snow. Nope.
We didn't have any snow last year, which we usually have one day of it. I always like one day just to see Rocky run around in it.

We didn't have any snow last year, which we usually have one day of it. I always like one day just to see Rocky run around in it.
I’m worried about my plants. As someone mentioned in another thread, that 6+ inches of snow makes a good insulator for plants, both herbaceous and woody. Bare ground, not so much.

Currently 14°, going down to 8°.

Yep. Lost a rosemary to the week of 20-degree highs last year. The dry cold did it in. Yesterday’s rain preceding the temperature drop may keep a few plants from death by single digits. The crust of ice is an insulator.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back