Pac 12 streak v. TN

Neyland Law Vol

Can Butch break the Pac 12's streak over the Vols?

The pac 12 has beaten the TN 4 straight games:eek:hmy:

Despite several matchups, TN hasn't won v. a Pac 12 team since the 2006 Cal game:

2007 at Cal L 45-31
2008 at UCLA L 27-24 OT
2009 v. UCLA L 19-15
2010 v. Oregon L 48-13
2013 at Oregon ????????

This streak has follwed TN's fall from grace. Perhaps if we can turn this streak around it will mean the program is also turning a corner. :dance2:

I think a win over Oregon would be a huge win for Butch. Here's calling for the UPSET!:crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
How about the streak against UF and Bama ?

That also. But if we can't even beat Pac 12 teams we can't expect to beat the top teams in the SEC? It's time to show the Pac 12 how teams in the SEC play football. :rock:

That also. But if we can't even beat Pac 12 teams we can't expect to beat the top teams in the SEC. It's time to show the Pac 12 how we in the SEC play football. :rock:

How about the streak against Vandy? LOL, JK

That also. But if we can't even beat Pac 12 teams we can't expect to beat the top teams in the SEC? It's time to show the Pac 12 how teams in the SEC play football. :rock:

i know as fans we have an "sec, sec, sec" mentality, but oregon is better than florida right now and several other sec schools.

and as far as matchups go, oregon is a worse matchup for tennessee than florida.

That 2009 loss was probably Kiffin's worst in game coaching job outside of the bowl disaster.

That 2009 UCLA team was awful.

i'll cut kiffin some slack in that one.

i don't think he realized how bad crompton was until that game and then radically changed things.

that ucla game gave him an understanding of just what exactly it was he was working with

i don't think he realized how bad crompton was until that game and then radically changed things.

that ucla game gave him an understanding of just what exactly it was he was working with

I was just about to post the exact same thing. It was completely astounding for a Senior QB to be unable to make simple throws. That game mad it clear just how fast the game was still moving for Crompton.

Agree...how do you lose to a team that throws 4 pics.....IN THE FIRST HALF alone. Smh.

the 2008 game - remember the second half? one of the best examples of "third and Chavis" at work.

images

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

You guys remember right before the fourth quarter started when Kiffin got everyone in a circle and the players went ape **** on the sideline. Neyland went crazy and then we lost. Our offense was terrible. Guys think it was bad the last few years, but I remember in 2008 Fulmer putting in Berry in the Wildcat just to get some first downs and TDs. Total lack of true play makers on offense cost Fulmer his job in the end.

why would you keep those pics?

Google.com

But seriously those pictures really remind me how much TN fans have been through the past five years. Those pac 12 losses really have been a big part of getting those seasons off to a horrible start. Ready for it to end.

Butch will change things:

butch-jones-celebration.3654-325.jpg

That 2009 loss was probably Kiffin's worst in game coaching job outside of the bowl disaster.

That 2009 UCLA team was awful.

Or the last 2 minutes or so against Alabama that year. Where we were moving the ball down their throat, and he decided to let time run off going for the field goal. The way we were moving the ball it's likely we would have scored a touchdown, or gotten the ball down inside the 10 or 15 yard line for a much easier field goal try. And we all know what happened.

You guys remember right before the fourth quarter started when Kiffin got everyone in a circle and the players went ape **** on the sideline. Neyland went crazy and then we lost. Our offense was terrible. Guys think it was bad the last few years, but I remember in 2008 Fulmer putting in Berry in the Wildcat just to get some first downs and TDs. Total lack of true play makers on offense cost Fulmer his job in the end.

Yes i also remember in 88 at work a so called friend ran up to me at work and said do you wont to hear a joke, and of course i fell for it, he said TENNESEE FOOTBALL TEAM, we were 0 and 6, now that was bad.

VN Store

Back