Paging Al Wilson

UT Hill Man

I ♥ Big Jugs
There will never be another Al, but I think Butch will find someone similar.

AlWilson8x10.jpg

Reactions: 12 people
Hope so.

Would also like someone similar to Raynoch Thompson and Eric Westmoreland to play along side of em.

Reactions: 5 people
That's a really great pic of Mr. Wilson
Think AJ is goin to be close this year.
No other Al but AJ going to slobber knock some guys this year.
Love watching the rock bottom he put on that Florida dude.
BAM!!!

That's a really great pic of Mr. Wilson
Think AJ is goin to be close this year.
No other Al but AJ going to slobber knock some guys this year.
Love watching the rock bottom he put on that Florida dude.
BAM!!!

sorry but AJ is not that close. Also the odds of CBJ finding another #27 is really unlikely.

All UT QB's are not going to be the next Manning and all UT LB's are not going to be the next Al Wilson

Reactions: 1 person
sorry but AJ is not that close. Also the odds of CBJ finding another #27 is really unlikely.

All UT QB's are not going to be the next Manning and all UT LB's are not going to be the next Al Wilson

I agree but Cecil cherrys build reminds me of Al. Plus his highlights are the best I've seen.

I agree but Cecil cherrys build reminds me of Al. Plus his highlights are the best I've seen.

you're still comparing a HS soph/jr to an All-American LB with a NC ring. What separated Al was his ability to force those around him to raise the level of their game to try and match his. Very few have that ability and it's unfair to expect it from a recruit who has yet to step on a college field

Reactions: 3 people
you're still comparing a HS soph/jr to an All-American LB with a NC ring. What separated Al was his ability to force those around him to raise the level of their game to try and match his. Very few have that ability and it's unfair to expect it from a recruit who has yet to step on a college field

:thumbsup: yep, no a double yep. :hi:

Not to mention his nasty attitude toward the opposition. He was one of the meanest Lbs to come through Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person

Your are right about that.
Big Al was the heart and soul of that defense.
Even when he hurt his shoulder, he commanded respect .
There will never be another Al Wilson, just like there will never be another John Ward!

Reactions: 2 people
Cherry seems to have the phisical ability to be one of the most dominant LB's we have had in a long time, but we will have to wait and see if his mental ability will be at that level as well.

I said his build reminds me of al. You understand pj?

Al at Sam and Nick (only about 25% bigger and a little faster) at Will....You could call them heart and soul...

Your are right about that.
Big Al was the heart and soul of that defense.
Even when he hurt his shoulder, he commanded respect .
There will never be another Al Wilson, just like there will never be another John Ward!

:good!:

I'd be more worried about Cherry still being a Vol in 2 years rather than him being the next AW. I think this is one recruit that is going to be hard to hold on to.

I'd be more worried about Cherry still being a Vol in 2 years rather than him being the next AW. I think this is one recruit that is going to be hard to hold on to.

I feel the same way. But I think butch will make it happen.

No disrespect to AJ Johnson, but Al Wilson was from a different planet.

If Al Wilson was on the field last September, he would have chased down Trey Burton, broke off Burton's right leg and beat him with it.

Wilson was a beast.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back