Peyton Lewis just MIGHT be Special...

Saw his interview last week and he just exudes maturity and confidence. I can't put my finger on it, but there is just something about this kid that makes me think he might be great.

Time will tell, obviously.
Hope so. He’s from Salem, VA which is about 15 miles from my hometown, Roanoke, VA.

A fun fact~

JJ Reddick, Ronde Barber and Tiki Barber are probably the most successful athletes from the Roanoke, VA area.

Hopefully Lewis is the real deal.

Hope so. He’s from Salem, VA which is about 15 miles from my hometown, Roanoke, VA.

A fun fact~

JJ Reddick, Ronde Barber and Tiki Barber are probably the most successful athletes from the Roanoke, VA area.

This is the interview. Just look at his posture, calm demeanor and just the way he carries himself. He looks like he is in command of the room. Uncommon for any college kid, much less a freshman.

A fun fact~

Salem has some really good football teams. I was excited to see Lewis sign with the Vols.

This is the interview. Just look at his posture, calm demeanor and just the way he carries himself. He looks like he is in command of the room. Uncommon for any college kid, much less a freshman.

I liked his comment about UT running game is a “slow to fast through” approach in contrast with his “fast to fast through” I formation in HS, meaning patience and reading keys are more important now.

Maybe I can splain something. As an embryo, PL received an injection of the 3X2(9YZ)4A speed formula. When he was 11yrs old, he received a DNA graft from Jamal Lewis, and had his name changed from Peyani Jeweller, to Peyton Lewis. Now, there's more to this matter, but it's classified information.

Last edited:

A fun fact~

Yes sir! Do you remember Curtis Staples from Patrick Henry HS? Although he didn’t have as successful a pro career as the three you mentioned, he was an absolute problem from behind the 3-point arc in high school and at UVA

Maybe I can splain something. As an embryo, PL received an injection of the 3X2(9YZ)4A speed formula. When he 11yrs old, he received a DNA graft from Jamal Lewis, and had his named changed from Peyani Jeweller, to Peyton Lewis. Now, there's more to this matter, but it's classified information.
Makes sense

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Yes sir! Do you remember Curtis Staples from Patrick Henry HS? Although he didn’t have as successful a pro career as the three you mentioned, he was an absolute problem from behind the 3-point arc in high school and at UVA

I forgot about Staples.

Cool story- I used to baby sit the Barber twins. I was also a little league baseball scores keeper and PA announcer. That was a fun gig for a 14 yr old. The Barber twins were fast and athletic and then years later… on to high school and UVA.

My brother graduated from Cave Spring in 1985. I’m four yrs younger than him but attended most of his games as he started at point his soph- senior seasons. That was a huge deal b/c 9th graders still attended middle school - known as “jr high” back in the day.

My brother played against Richard Morgan, Michael Porter (Pulaski), Ramon and Damon Williams at Fleming ( played college ball @ VMI). Morgan was a cocky SOB but fun to watch.

Fun times!

Last edited:
I forgot about Staples.

Cool story- I used to baby sit the Barber twins. I was also a little league baseball scores keeper and PA announcer. That was a fun gig for a 14 yr old. The Barber twins were fast and athletic and then years later… on to high school and UVA.

My brother graduated from Cave Spring in 1985. I’m four yrs younger than him but attended most of his games as he started at point his soph- senior seasons. That was a huge deal b/c 9th graders still attended middle school - known as “jr high” back in the day.

But my brother played against Richard Morgan, Michael Porter (Pulaski), elite twins at Fleming, etc. Morgan was a cocky SOB but fun to watch.
BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Michael Porter, a 5-foot-11 guard considered one of the Top 20 high school recruits in the country, will be academically ineligible to play basketball for Virginia Tech next season.

Porter, who won a national slam dunk contest at a recent high school basketball all-star game, will not finish his eight semesters of high school with the NCAA's required 2.0 grade point average, Virginia Tech Coach Charlie Moir confirmed Wednesday.

Salem has some really good football teams. I was excited to see Lewis sign with the Vols.
Yeah, cool to see though I rarely visit Roanoke anymore. My in laws lice there but my family has passed.

Do you live in SW VA?

Yes…it is a nice place to call home.
Cool. I attended VA Western for two years after taking a yr off after graduating from Cave Spring in 89. Then I picked up and transferred to UT in 1992. I never visited the campus nor been to Knoxville but came across literature about their liberal arts program.

My wife is from Vinton and graduated from Byrd

Reactions: VAVol85

VN Store

Back