Peyton Lewis just MIGHT be Special...

Lewis will be RB3A or RB3B this season as a freshman, getting occasional carries behind the other 2 IMO. Just like Sampson did...for the same reason. He can take it to the house 80 yards if he gets a seam, which seems to be exactly what CJH is looking for. That 80 yard TD run to start the game vs Bama last season is exactly what we are always trying to recruit. You can't coach speed. Fwiw, I really like Bishop because he is tough as nails. Hopefully his year off gave his whole body a chance to heal so he can share carries too. I believe that Lewis will be RB1 next season, or RB2 if Sampson stays.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I forgot about Staples.

Cool story- I used to baby sit the Barber twins. I was also a little league baseball scores keeper and PA announcer. That was a fun gig for a 14 yr old. The Barber twins were fast and athletic and then years later… on to high school and UVA.

My brother graduated from Cave Spring in 1985. I’m four yrs younger than him but attended most of his games as he started at point his soph- senior seasons. That was a huge deal b/c 9th graders still attended middle school - known as “jr high” back in the day.

My brother played against Richard Morgan, Michael Porter (Pulaski), Ramon and Damon Williams at Fleming ( played college ball @ VMI). Morgan was a cocky SOB but fun to watch.

Fun times!
I'm from Pulaski/Radford. Porter is still talked about here all the time. I've played golf with Barber, JJ Redick, Frank Beamer and many others.

I'm from Pulaski/Radford. Porter is still talked about here all the time. I've played golf with Barber, JJ Redick, Frank Beamer and many others.
Cool story.

One of my high school friends helped open and manage Katie’s Ice Cream and Chocolates after graduating from college.

JJ frequented his store during his high school years. Who would’ve known that young kid would turn out to be an NBA player and then Lakers’ head coach.

I’d love to run into the Barber twins. Their mother was so humble and a hard worker. I never met their father but can remember the story behind that - none of my business.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
What a great argument to be having. Don’t have a solid feeling about the OL to spring these guys, but if they are solid life could be good.
OL is better than last year’s. Arguably more talented than 2022.

I have more than a solid feeling about the OL. We’re gonna be a top 10 rushing attack in the nation, just like the last three years.

Yes it’s a great argument to have. We have a lot of talent. But I promise you seldon is not going to be behind Lewis and especially not behind bishop. Bishop gets overrated a bit on here imo because he’s a local kid. I do think he’s much better than, say… devrin young, though.

I think it's coming from the way Heupel has kept a lid on our player's injury status since he's been here.

Maybe you know something we don't, but "cleared for contact" doesn't mean game ready in Heupel speak. We hope he's practicing at %100, but we don't get our hopes up until we hear 'game time' decision.

I think it's coming from the way Heupel has kept a lid on our player's injury status since he's been here.

Maybe you know something we don't, but "cleared for contact" doesn't mean game ready in Heupel speak. We hope he's practicing at %100, but we don't get our hopes up until we hear 'game time' decision.
👍🏾 i agree with you bud....let's GB🍊

VN Store

Back