Peyton Manning back at UT

Are we really paying Peyton Manning money from the university(well, I guess all money spent by the college, even athletically, is from the university, but this meaning not from the AD) to be a "professor"(what qualification or experience does he have to be a professor?) just to benefit the football program(cause I don't see what else this benefits)?

Like maybe he actually really wants to teach(though you'd hope he'd go get experience or further education before taking a professor role...) but I kinda doubt it.

Don't you worry about Peyton's qualifications. I saw him speak at the Goodwill meeting back in 1997 as a Graduate Senior, and He more than filled the role of an impressive CEO; and Is well qualified in Speech Communication. . Smart cookie, I tell you. I imagine Peyton has his Masters. Anyways he isn't getting paid, so...

ok.. so the offense can sign up for Peyton's class and take field trips to the practice field right?

I'm guessing the course will mostly be remote through zoom, while meeting in person on Fridays before home games.

"Manning, 47, will partner with the CCI faculty and teach a variety of topics that align with the college's curriculum, including sports reporting, video production and performance, leadership and communication and public speaking. Manning plans to teach his fall classes in person."

I read that and said to myself dang Peyton is getting old.....then I thought about my own age. Aw shucks.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Hail Professor Manning,?which college bar is best.I wish we still had The Library,Peyton was a double filter with ...nah.. I'm not telling

Peyton Manning is a professor .... that has nothing to do with football...Its been a couple 3 days....Id much more enjoy hearing about the 2023 Vols...@Jesuslookingfornews

Peyton Manning is a professor .... that has nothing to do with football...Its been a couple 3 days....Id much more enjoy hearing about the 2023 Vols...@Jesuslookingfornews
I’d enjoy hearing the silence that your posts interrupt.

Are we really paying Peyton Manning money from the university(well, I guess all money spent by the college, even athletically, is from the university, but this meaning not from the AD) to be a "professor"(what qualification or experience does he have to be a professor?) just to benefit the football program(cause I don't see what else this benefits)?

Like maybe he actually really wants to teach(though you'd hope he'd go get experience or further education before taking a professor role...) but I kinda doubt it.

An adjunct professor is a type of academic appointment in higher education who does not work at the establishment full-time. The terms of this appointment and the job security of the tenure vary in different parts of the world, but the term is generally agreed to mean a bona-fide part-time faculty member in an adjunct position at an institution of higher education.

This is very common.

VN Store

Back