Pig Howard Reinstated!!

How about you catalog those big plays for me? Which ones did he he take to the house after making a guy or 2 miss? How about the 50 yd jet sweep that he scored on? No?

Pig is a tough, possession type receiver. He's not a game breaker. That's my point. Can he be effective, can he help move the sticks with some tough, hard-nosed catches in traffic within 5-10 yds of the line of scrimmage? Yes. His career thus far says yes. But he is not a dynamic, explosive player like we've been trying to bring in like North, Malone and Pearson. Here are his career stats/the evidence.....

2012- 13 catches, 4.2 yds per catch, 1 td
2013- 44 catches, 8.8 yds per catch, 3 tds

In 2013 he had 5 catches of more than 20 yds, with a long of 33 yds vs Georgia.

His longest run thus far at UT is 20 yds.

Again, I'm not trying to dog Alton, just accurately define the type of player he is. He's a good, tough possession slot receiver. He IS NOT a game breaker by any stretch of the imagination.

KB, you are right. But even with the facts no one is going to believe you.
BTW, do not even start to bring up the fact that D. Young is not a great kick returner.

Last edited:
Glad to see Pig make the effort and get back on the team. Make the most of it young man!

0421_kcsp_Vols2135_atb_t607.JPG

Yay Alton!!! :clapping:

Reactions: 1 person
You throw a hitch, a screen, a slant to each of the following WRs on our roster: North, Malone, Pearson, Howard. Given the same circumstances, who is the least likely to turn a short gain into a long gain or touchdown?

Pearson!

The last reply as to who all could or should star and get playing time and the allowing to just disagree, I say "What a wonderful delima to be faced with! If one isn't hot "next up".GBO

Ummm...... I dunno.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkZ6kDslYeM[/youtube]

You know what is truly disturbing @ that clip? The safety who comes over to "help" Sutton. What on earth was he trying to do? Looks like a disciple of Sal Sunseri's.

it is great that Pig is back with the team,he obviously has put in a lot of hard work to get there

congrats Pig

and it is hard to drop a long time nickname :)

Where was that during the spring game?

Really? You're basing your opinion about players because how they looked in a Spring game? Did you not learn your lesson from last year's open practice when Peterman looked like the second coming of Joe Montana? Well, you think Pearson can't play, so I guess not.

Last edited:
I'm very proud of the young man that so many totally wrote off.

He worked hard, did everything that was asked of him and earned his way back onto the team.

CONGRATS Mr Howard, I'm looking forward to seeing you make alot of great plays for us this season!

#RiseToTheTop...VFL..GBO!!!

Reactions: 3 people
I'm very proud of the young man that so many totally wrote off.

He worked hard, did everything that was asked of him and earned his way back onto the team.

CONGRATS Mr Howard, I'm looking forward to seeing you make alot of great plays for us this season!

#RiseToTheTop...VFL..GBO!!!

+1.

VN Store

Back