Pink Slip Monday in the NFL thread

Fox staying in Chicago and of course Bowles in NY -- I guess an NFL coach can lose 13 games and get no heat -- while a college coach gets roasted for 4 losses and doing 20 times more work

The Denver job is not appealing as some people make it out to be. Taking a job with no proven quarterback and a bad offensive line is a recipe for disaster. If the Colts position opens up, I believe that will probably be the best job available. If Luck can just get a few pieces on the offensive line, I believe he's an elite quarterback, and can certainly make the playoffs in that sorry division, in comparison to the strong AFC west.

The Colts have way too much invested in QB, IMO.

Broncos won 9 games with average QB and O line play. I'd say it's a pretty good situation and they haven't traded away their future to build this team. They have draft picks and pieces that can be traded or used to continue their success.

Speaking of Denver, how has Lynch looked in limited action? I loved his game at Memphis.

About as good as you'd hope from a 21 YO rookie with a bad line. He went 1-1 as a starter, and 2-1 in games he played in.

6.0 YPA, 59%, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 42 rushing yards

The Colts have way too much invested in QB, IMO.

Broncos won 9 games with average QB and O line play. I'd say it's a pretty good situation and they haven't traded away their future to build this team. They have draft picks and pieces that can be traded or used to continue their success.

Broncos is not a bad job, you would obviously be inheriting the best defense in the NFL. But eventually some of these elite players are going to ask for big time money and are going to walk. Like when Malik Jackson left for the $$$ and the Broncos saw a bit of a decline in their rush defense. Elite defenses don't last nearly as long as an elite quarterback. Guys will come and go, but an elite quarterback will carry teams for 10+ years. Now if the Broncos can get Romo in the offseason, that changes everything.

Broncos is not a bad job, you would obviously be inheriting the best defense in the NFL. But eventually some of these elite players are going to ask for big time money and are going to walk. Like when Malik Jackson left for the $$$ and the Broncos saw a bit of a decline in their rush defense. Elite defenses don't last nearly as long as an elite quarterback. Guys will come and go, but an elite quarterback will carry teams for 10+ years. Now if the Broncos can get Romo in the offseason, that changes everything.

Not sure what the free agent market is going to be for Sylvester Williams, but it would hurt to lose him this offseason. We have TJ Ward thru 2017 and he'll be 31, so I bet we can keep him at a reasonable price. We basically have everyone else for at least 3 years, except I would bet a lot of money they shop Talib in 2017 or 2018 and we'll use part of those savings to re-sign Roby. Ware will retire, but Shane Ray will just take on a bigger role.

Not sure what the free agent market is going to be for Sylvester Williams, but it would hurt to lose him this offseason. We have TJ Ward thru 2017 and he'll be 31, so I bet we can keep him at a reasonable price. We basically have everyone else for at least 3 years, except I would bet a lot of money they shop Talib in 2017 or 2018 and we'll use part of those savings to re-sign Roby. Ware will retire, but Shane Ray will just take on a bigger role.

They just really need to find a quarterback.

VN Store

Back