Play of the game, who you got?

Looks like nearly every receiver caught passes and defense pretty equal distribution of tackles I think Bru led pass receptions and Arion led tackles but team effort and balance everyone contributed. Our punter is awesome and kicker as well.

Ripping the ball out when it looked like Oklahoma was going to walk in after Nico's fumble was the play of the game, without a doubt.

Keeping them out of the end zone right there was monumental and the key to the game.

Could be any one of these:

* The hit by Boo (?) that knocked the kid out of the game and sent an early message.

* The laser shot TD to Thornton that reminded Oklahoma that they weren't in the Big 12 any longer.

* My personal choice, the forced fumble by Josephs at the 5-yd line after turning it over.

There were so many, which made it such a great team win. All three aspects were fantastic, with Jackson Ross showing what a weapon he will be in tight games, Max looking like the real deal as kicker, Bishop providing a spark in the run game until Sampson got going, Nico's poise in his first road test, and on and on.

Am I crazy to suggest that this group is the most complete UT unit since the mid-late '90's? I don't believe there's any question.

I don’t think it was Boo. It was the player that came in behind him. You can see it from a different angle. Boo just happed to be part of the collateral damage from that other player.

Correct, it was Jakobe Thomas who laid the wood.
Go back and watch his tape when he was at MTSU. He is an absolute thumper

Reactions: RavinDave
McCoy breaking up the slant route on third down. Also the interception where he covered short first and then dropped back into the play. And the knockout hit on the sidelines. We have actual SEC defensive backs. 🍊

TD to Thornton was the break we needed to put the game in the defenses hands. It was also an absolute dime throw, and a dagger to OU’s heart. That’s my play of the game.

VN Store

Back