Playbook??

Coug

Do we not have anything else in the playbook besides handing the ball off to Neal and sending him up the middle every play? When we actually had the ball I was expecting some progression on the field. Is Butch handicapping the passing game because our QB can't handle passing? Have the coaches not been working on building a playbook all these months past?

All serious questions.

There was absolutely no diversity in in play calling and routes.

Reactions: 1 person
Do we not have anything else in the playbook besides handing the ball off to Neal and sending him up the middle every play? When we actually had the ball I was expecting some progression on the field. Is Butch handicapping the passing game because our QB can't handle passing? Have the coaches not been working on building a playbook all these months past?

All serious questions.

We did hand it off to Lane

All serious questions.

Please submit your application to Otter,

Thanks signed The Endzone..

I agree. Play calling was abysmal. So was not going for it at midfield all those times. Didn't matter where they got it at they were going to score. Couldnt have hurt bc we had no chance anyway. I was let down by the staff. Looked like they were waving the white flag in the 2nd qtr.

We couldn't get the ball down the field against Austin Peay. Why does anybody think we could do it against a secondary full of guys that run 4.4s?

Reactions: 2 people
if were gona run the ball that much we gota take out that ****ty qb read..the defense eventually figures out the hes never gonna keep it lol line up in the i formation an run it right at em!

We couldn't get the ball down the field against Austin Peay. Why does anybody think we could do it against a secondary full of guys that run 4.4s?

Obviously didn't/couldn't today but they did against AP. kinda why they sat the second half

this is all the coaches have. we aren't saving anything. i am not impressed with the coaching so far. will know for sure after the georgia game.

For the Read-option to work, there MUST be a threat of the QB to run. Worley will not work, therefore the whole scheme is useless. The defense knows that the RB will get the ball or it will be a pass. They do not waste there time keying on the QB keeper. No credible running threat @ QB to attack the D.

Reactions: 4 people
The read option is pretty lame when there isn't a real option. Worley isn't gonna run, and if he throws it's going to be 10yds off. So stuff 7-8 guys in the box and you stop Tennessees offense 80% of the time at least.

This. But I will say that the play calling was vanilla in both games. I still have full confidence in Coach Jones. He has a track record of winning. Our offense will get better with the right triggerman. It's just a matter of finding him. Is he on this roster? Who knows? We all better hope he is.

For the Read-option to work, there MUST be a threat of the QB to run. Worley will not work, therefore the whole scheme is useless. The defense knows that the RB will get the ball or it will be a pass. They do not waste there time keying on the QB keeper. No credible running threat @ QB to attack the D.

Yep. I guess we have a system coaching staff and no players to fit the system. Adapting to the strengths of this team may not be their strong point. I guess Butch will need to recruit for his system to have any success.

The read option is pretty lame when there isn't a real option. Worley isn't gonna run, and if he throws it's going to be 10yds off. So stuff 7-8 guys in the box and you stop Tennessees offense 80% of the time at least.

They didnt put 7 or 8 guys in the box but just a few plays. They stopped our run game with only 3 or 4. So what does this say about our offensive line?

VN Store

Back