Playboy Poll

I applaud Playboy's ability to not go along with the crowd in slobbering over Georgia. I got my edition of ESPN The Magazine (College Edition) this week and threw it away as soon as I got it because I already knew what it was going to read like.

Pre season polls are essentially meaningless. If we can beat Fla and bama this year I will be happy.

Pre season polls are essentially meaningless. If we can beat Fla and bama this year I will be happy.

Ah contraire. I think the importance of preseason polls are vastly understated. Much more should be done to recognize the accomplishments of teams selected through this process. Trophies should be awarded to the consensus preseason No 1 team in the polls. The winning team should be invited to the White House. We should have an SEC trophy for the conference championship we won in 2005. But in view of our 23rd ranking in the Playboy poll this year, it is obvious that Fulmer should be fired. Such a low ranking is not acceptable and certain and swift action should be taken NOW to rectify an untenable situation.

After what our coaches have been saying about these preseason scrimmages, I'm kinda iffy on giving the team too much respect as well...

Course I do realize they'res still a month before they actually play

When have you ever heard all positives from a scrimmage? I am excited that our D is able to keep our offense in check. We had a pretty potent offense the last 2 years and we have even more playmakers this year and a more explosive scheme. Keep in mind that our offense has moved the ball well but our defense has caused big plays to kill drives. This is a good sign. Crompton won't face a secondary anywhere near as good as ours all year. If he can move the ball against our D, then I think he and our offense will be fine. The lack of a running game still scares me but it's hard to run against a defense that knows what to expect.

Yeah, maybe. But my recollection was that Tennessee's defense was just clobbering Wisconsin's offense. I wasn't sure that Badgers quarterback was going to make it off the field under his own power.

I wouldn't say we clobbered them...P. Hill had 16 carries for 132yrds against our defense... they did have the ball with about 1 1/2min left and looked like they were going to score... thanks to Wardlow's int we just did squeek by

I wouldn't say we clobbered them...P. Hill had 16 carries for 132yrds against our defense... they did have the ball with about 1 1/2min left and looked like they were going to score... thanks to Wardlow's int we just did squeek by

He wasn't even supposed to be playing, either.

How in the blue hell are so many people still incredibly clueless on WHY teams are ranked highly?

IT'S ABOUT PROJECTED WINS AND LOSSES!

Missouri = pretty easy schedule = More wins, less losses = sportswriters see 11-1 or 10-2 and rank them highly

Ohio State = VERY easy schedule = more wins, less losses = sportswriters see 11-1 and rank them highly

Tennessee = HARD schedule = less wins, more losses = sportswriters see 8-4 or 9-3 and rank them lower

This isn't hard. You have to realize these polls ARE NOT POWER RANKINGS. They do not rank the teams in relative comparative strength from 1-119. Should they? Yes. Do they? Not even close. It's based on projected win/loss records, so teams who run easier schedules and can rack up 10-12 wins (BYU, Missouri, Ohio State, Clemson) will be ranked highly.

Got it?

How in the blue hell are so many people still incredibly clueless on WHY teams are ranked highly?

IT'S ABOUT PROJECTED WINS AND LOSSES!

Missouri = pretty easy schedule = More wins, less losses = sportswriters see 11-1 or 10-2 and rank them highly

Ohio State = VERY easy schedule = more wins, less losses = sportswriters see 11-1 and rank them highly

Tennessee = HARD schedule = less wins, more losses = sportswriters see 8-4 or 9-3 and rank them lower

This isn't hard. You have to realize these polls ARE NOT POWER RANKINGS. They do not rank the teams in relative comparative strength from 1-119. Should they? Yes. Do they? Not even close. It's based on projected win/loss records, so teams who run easier schedules and can rack up 10-12 wins (BYU, Missouri, Ohio State, Clemson) will be ranked highly.

Got it?

That would all make sense... it it wasn't for the fact that they have UGA ranked so high. The same arguments you gave for Tennessee are exactly the same obstacles that Georgia will face, if not moreso.

That would all make sense... it it wasn't for the fact that they have UGA ranked so high. The same arguments you gave for Tennessee are exactly the same obstacles that Georgia will face, if not moreso.

You also have to understand that the sportswriters for the AP/Harris and the SIDs for the Coach's Poll have little to no idea how to rate teams in the preseason. It's a horrible way of doing things.

He wasn't even supposed to be playing, either.

Yea, that is right. He was hurt right? Man I sure hope we are better at stoping the run this year. And before all of youall start with the (well we stoped UGA and ARK) I no, but we need to be more consistent on a game to game basis.

This poll is just some uninformed schmuck's best attempt to be a little different than every other poll out there. It'd be no more credible if Tennessee were in the top 10 or unranked.

A preseason poll from Better Homes and Gardens would offer as much intelligent insight on college football.

Well, they really had poor coaching as well. What...on 4th and one didnt they either run a sweep to a backup rb rather than give it to hill? And Wardlow's INT was really a pick off pretty much a hail mary; it sealed the game but I certainly wouldnt say that last drive they were most definitely going to score...

Yea, but the game never should have been that close to start with. Like I said earlier, if we would have stuck with what was working on offense and not tried the trick plays could have put them away like we should have.

And your Clemson Tigers are ranked ~10th/9'th?

I'd wager its because their conference, which CU hasn't won in 16 years, sucks.

Yea, but the game never should have been that close to start with. Like I said earlier, if we would have stuck with what was working on offense and not tried the trick plays could have put them away like we should have.

I completely agree with that (of course, our offense went dead in the 2nd half of every game UGA and on last season :no:). Still, you don't run the G-gun three times....or at least if you do have him throw the ball once :crazy:

I completely agree with that (of course, our offense went dead in the 2nd half of every game UGA and on last season :no:). Still, you don't run the G-gun three times....or at least if you do have him throw the ball once :crazy:

Yea, I would agree with doing that so we are not so predictable. Of course the G-gun worked rather well in the SECcg vs LSU and I felt like we should have used it more. Could have set up the pass easily after runs of 19 and 20 yards on their defense.:good!:

[/B]

Yea, I would agree with doing that so we are not so predictable. Of course the G-gun worked rather well in the SECcg vs LSU and I felt like we should have used it more. Could have set up the pass easily after runs of 19 and 20 yards on their defense.:good!:

I really don't think we should have used it more honestly. Had they passed it, it would be another story, but only running it, it became essentially what you saw when tebow game in with UF his freshman year, a running play everyone knew was coming....you know, tebow run left / tebow run right...only with a more tackleable frame of a guy

course at that point too cutcliffe probably just wanted to end the game and head over to duke

VN Store

Back