Pleasant surprises and participation surprises

Benchwarmer

Which non-starter were you surprised you at how well he did? Who were you surprised to see participate or not participate?

I was surprised Branisel played, since I had heard nothing about him all of August. Same with Lemond Johnson.

I was also a little surprised they put Jason Carr in. Did he play DE or DT? Anyone know? Usually, they like to redshirt DT's.

The biggest surprise to me was John Simcox, a redshirt freshman OL from Kingsport. And he played a good number of snaps, I think. He was the only walk-on OL that played, best I can tell. Jacob Gilliam was not listed among those playing, adding to the mystery. None of the true freshmen OL played. I thought Wiesman might.

Hands down, the biggest pleasant surprise was Summerhill. I did not see that coming.

Some other 3rd stringers that I thought did well were Greg Clark, Kenny Bynum, Jaylen Miller, Johnathan Johnson, and Christian Harris, who may be 2nd string.

Josh dobbs= tee Martin which = national championship. Butch needs to get his sh$t together

Reactions: 1 person
Malik Foreman looked young and inexperienced, but with time I believe he'll be a good SEC corner.

Josh dobbs= tee Martin which = national championship. Butch needs to get his sh$t together

Based on what evidence? I don't think you people realize how near-perfect Worley managed the game last night.

Every time he made the read-option to hand off or take it himself, it was 100% the correct decision. You could clearly see the difference when Peterman came in and made the wrong decision almost every time. Peterman is faster and more nimble then Worley but yet got blew up almost every time he decided to keep.

As for Dobbs, he obviously did not get a chance to show us anything. However, the point I'm making is that it's clear why CBJ has these QBs ranked where they are on his depth chart. Either Dobbs is even less ready then Peterman at making reads/decisions or he wants him to RS, or both.

Just let CBJ make the right choices, so far he seems to be making good ones.

Reactions: 4 people
Haha that is the whole point of running read options.

Yeah, I guess. But am I the only one who thought that looked scary as hell? I kept thinking how I hope the other QBs are ready to step in. Only a matter of time if he keeps doing that. I hope I'm wrong, of course.

Based on what evidence? I don't think you people realize how near-perfect Worley managed the game last night.

Every time he made the read-option to hand off or take it himself, it was 100% the correct decision. You could clearly see the difference when Peterman came in and made the wrong decision almost every time. Peterman is faster and more nimble then Worley but yet got blew up almost every time he decided to keep.

As for Dobbs, he obviously did not get a chance to show us anything. However, the point I'm making is that it's clear why CBJ has these QBs ranked where they are on his depth chart. Either Dobbs is even less ready then Peterman at making reads/decisions or he wants him to RS, or both.

Just let CBJ make the right choices, so far he seems to be making good ones.

Nah, Dobbs is Jesus mixed in with some super man, don't you know this already?

Reactions: 2 people
Dobbs should be starting I do know that much

We'll make sure that bUTch gives you a call and ask for your opinion! STHU

Worley played really well last night! How can you complain about 11-13 for 104 yds and 3 tds plus 4 carries for 21 yds?

:clapping:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 2 people

Apparently Dobbs couldn't beat out Peterman who looked like $hit in the 2nd half. So using that method and your math.
Dobbs = bench warmer = til further notice.

:cray:

Stop crying when you don't get your way!

:hi:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back