Pocahontas at it again

Canadian Indigenous health expert 'Morning Star Bear' who once appeared in Ted Talk wearing blue cape and clutching feather, is suspended from Indigenous health positions 'because she has no Indigenous heritage'

A Canadian Indigenous public health expert has been placed on leave from both public institutions where she lead research after investigations found no evidence of her Indigenous heritage.

Carrie Bourassa, or Morning Star Bear's, colleagues and the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation investigated and failed to find any Indigenous relatives.

The University of Saskatchewan professor and the scientific director of the Institute of Indigenous Peoples' Health for the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) announced her suspension on Monday.

For nearly 20 years Bourassa, who is now in her late 40s, said that she was born into a family with Métis, Anishnaabe and Tlingit roots but has never shown any documentation proving her ancestry.

49962017-10157287-image-a-11_1635878678128.jpg

She has recently come under fire as her family, colleagues, and an investigation by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation claim she has no Indigenous hertiage

Métis is an Indigenous community from Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta parts of Ontario, British Columbia, the Northwest Territories, and the Northern United States. The Anishinaabe are an ethnic group of Indigenous people including the Métis community.

The Tlingit tribe is a small Indigenous group from the Yukon and British Columbia.

'My name is Morning Star Bear,' she said, tearing up at the beginning of her 2019 Ted Talk where she wore a bright blue shawl and Métis sash while carrying a feather.

'I'm just going to say it — I'm emotional,' she said, telling the crowd that she could feel her ancestors, and in particularly, her Métis grandfather, in the room.

'I'm Bear Clan. I'm Anishinaabe Métis from Treaty Four Territory,' Bourassa said, explaining that she grew up in a dysfunctional family plagued by addiction, violence and racism due to 'intergenerational trauma' stemming from her family's 'half-breed' status.

Canadian Indigenous health expert suspended from her job amid claims she has NO Indigenous heritage | Daily Mail Online

So is she now called the Canadian Pocahontas? It's a shame she's not an American. The Democrats would have simply swept her lifetime of lies under the rug and given her a cabinet post.

So is she now called the Canadian Pocahontas? It's a shame she's not an American. The Democrats would have simply swept her lifetime of lies under the rug and given her a cabinet post.

It's a shame for her that Canadians aren't as woke as our dems. Apparently they haven't gotten to "you can be what you want if you feel it" ... no actual need to be it in demland.

Artist Faked Apache Heritage For Years to Trick Collectors into buying his work at inflated prices, say Feds

• Lewis Anthony Rath allegedly faked his Native American heritage to sell artwork
An artist faked his heritage as a member of the San Carlos Apache tribe in order to sell his woodwork art pieces at inflated prices, the federal agents have said.

Lewis Anthony Rath, 52, works as an artist producing wooden carvings and large wooden totem poles - allegedly professing his pieces to be Indian produced'.

Its claimed Rath led collectors to believe they were purchasing authentic Native American carvings from him - when in fact his ancestry can be traced back to Mexico.

Artist faked Apache heritage to trick collectors into buying his work at inflated prices, say Feds | Daily Mail Online

VN Store

Back