Poll: Which QB starts Saturday against Florida?

Which QB starts Saturday against Florida?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VolFan4Life87

Negatron
I by no means wish for this to parallel the official QB controversy thread - I'd simply like to see what people think solely about who starts this Saturday and give people bragging rights when/if they're right.

First time doing a poll, we'll see if I screw it up or not..:loco:

My wildly meaningless prediction is Peterman.

He lost time in the Spring with a dislocated finger. He hasn't really gotten the reps so he was always behind Worley. Worley's inability to separate in the race, especially given the bulk of time he got with the 1s that Peterman didn't, is telling.

Peterman is more mobile.

Peterman doesn't even need to hit the broad side of a barn as long as he can get those "gimme yards" that Jones is referring to.... he's the guy.

Worley didn't show comfortability in the pocket under pressure. He didn't roll out to extend a play. He rushed throws. I think, at this point, Jones is trying to save his mentality. That seam route is the most telling. The receiver (Smith, I think) ran the right route and Worley threw it on time. It arrived at the receiver when he was perfectly positioned inbetween Oregon's Zone. It just got there about 3 feet too high.

So they try the read-option to soften up the defense. Worley can't run that. He's had accuracy issues all year long even at AP when he wasn't even under pressure. The timing isn't there and he doesn't bring an added mobility factor that (from reports) Peterman does.

TL;DR my worthless prediction is that it's peterman

Reactions: 4 people
My wildly meaningless prediction is Peterman.

He lost time in the Spring with a dislocated finger. He hasn't really gotten the reps so he was always behind Worley. Worley's inability to separate in the race, especially given the bulk of time he got with the 1s that Peterman didn't, is telling.

Peterman is more mobile.

Peterman doesn't even need to hit the broad side of a barn as long as he can get those "gimme yards" that Jones is referring to.... he's the guy.

Worley didn't show comfortability in the pocket under pressure. He didn't roll out to extend a play. He rushed throws. I think, at this point, Jones is trying to save his mentality. That seam route is the most telling. The receiver (Smith, I think) ran the right route and Worley threw it on time. It arrived at the receiver when he was perfectly positioned inbetween Oregon's Zone. It just got there about 3 feet too high.

So they try the read-option to soften up the defense. Worley can't run that. He's had accuracy issues all year long even at AP when he wasn't even under pressure. The timing isn't there and he doesn't bring an added mobility factor that (from reports) Peterman does.

TL;DR my worthless prediction is that it's peterman

No offense, but Peterman definitely needs to be able to hit the broad side of the barn. The fact that Worley can't right now is why this thread even exists. Agree with your comment on the gimme yards and about all the rest.

No offense, but Peterman definitely needs to be able to hit the broad side of the barn. The fact that Worley can't right now is why this thread even exists. Agree with your comment on the gimme yards and about all the rest.

None of them can hit the broad side of a barn, from what I understand. So, by default, we have to go with the best runner. And it ain't Worley.
What will CBJ do? Start Worley. This is probably just an attempt to get him stoked.

My prediction:

Worley Starts.

3 & Out

1st down or two drive

3&out
3&out
3&out
int

Peterman goes in

Freshmen don't get chance until USC after bye-week

Worley starts but he certainly won't be the only one to play meaningful snaps... if he is that's a great sign

Worley will I bet, though hopefully the last 3 games he's played have just been a fluke, seriously I only saw the Oregon game and listened to the first 2 on the radio but after seeing him play, is he really that bad? How could he have been that highly recruited? Seems like a good, smart kid and does some things very good but seems awfully slow and inaccurate, maybe that's why Spurrier didn't even go after him in SC.

Worley to start. Worley presses to save job, college career. Worley early int. Worley to bench. Butch era begins for real.

Reactions: 1 person
Worley starts. Gets one more chance, just doesn't have it. Peterman's in by 2nd qtr and finishes the game. That's a wrap for Worley. If Peterman can't step up and get it done, we'll see a freshman after UGA or Bama. No clue which one, but I believe we'll have a freshman QB heading into November.

I predict that the Vols will not start a quarterback against the gators. They will go retro and run the single wing, therefore eliminating the quarterback problem. They will do this wearing their smokey gray uniforms to honor the 1918 team that went undefeated!!!!

Worley starts and maybe, just maybe is loose enough to start hitting his targets. This seems to be his problem so far, he plays tight, so he's making late decisions, and is all tense when he throws. Coach Jake needs to find a way to get him to loosen up and just go out and have fun. If he can't do that in the first couple of series, then he'll find himself on the bench and Peterman on the field.

Anybody that can hand the ball to a running back. We need to run run & run some more. Keep the ball on the ground & run some more. Pound the rock. Passing is so hyped.

Butch keeps saying he's looking for guys that can make big plays. I don't see Worley being the guy that can deliver those, or he would have already done it. I don't know who starts, but it ain't gonna be Worley. JMHO. TIFWIW

Anybody that can hand the ball to a running back. We need to run run & run some more. Keep the ball on the ground & run some more. Pound the rock. Passing is so hyped.

You understand that if that's our game plan against one of the best DL we'll face and a team that will just load up the LOS... we'll be punting a lot.

That isn't a good game plan. We have to pass the ball at least enough to make them back off. Even WKU could numerically overload our blockers to stop the run. That's what they did in the 1st Half and Worley couldn't hit anyone open to force them off.

Our QB will have to hit the open receivers. They won't be open much and they won't be open long.

Unfortunately, Worley starts. I hope Butch doesn't let the game get out of hand before putting Peterman in. I don't want this game to get ugly, but I would rather it get ugly knowing that we exausted all of our resources instead of keeping Worley in until they put their subs in.

VN Store

Back