Poll: Which QB starts Saturday against Florida?

Which QB starts Saturday against Florida?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You understand that if that's our game plan against one of the best DL we'll face and a team that will just load up the LOS... we'll be punting a lot.

That isn't a good game plan. We have to pass the ball at least enough to make them back off. Even WKU could numerically overload our blockers to stop the run. That's what they did in the 1st Half and Worley couldn't hit anyone open to force them off.

Our QB will have to hit the open receivers. They won't be open much and they won't be open long.

We will be punting a lot anyway so it doesn't make much difference to me. The OC could call screen plays & maybe some dink & dunk plays for 5 yards a pop for sure. Is there a reverse play or two in the mix of play calling? But run the ball as much as possible & make our OL earn their worth.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Worley start again. I would be surprised to see a freshman start. Peterman is more mobile, but is he really that bad of a passer? I say rotate Worley and Peterman until the cream rises to the top........Rocky Top that is.

The one that helps us get 200 yards on the ground and 300 through the air

Worley starts. Gets one more chance, just doesn't have it. Peterman's in by 2nd qtr and finishes the game. That's a wrap for Worley. If Peterman can't step up and get it done, we'll see a freshman after UGA or Bama. No clue which one, but I believe we'll have a freshman QB heading into November.

I would not play one of the pups until after the big boy games, could destroy them from the get go and have a effect on them next year, i would say redshirt them and ride this out its going to be rough but we are TENNESSEE we can handle it because one of these days a can of whup azz is going to be open and we will be kicking azz all day and night long.:rock:

You have to know they will red-shirt the freshman QB s and then expect one to transfer. Look for that announcement after this game.

“It doesn’t change,” said offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian when asked what the Vols need to do to get open against the Gators. “We have to execute the pitch-and-catch plays when they’re there. We have to make sure we execute – same old things. We need to create separation at breaking points, we need to vary up our concepts and, as much as anything, we need to have accuracy and ball location.”

Figuring out the timing is also a challenge when it’s not certain who the quarterback will be. Bajakian said the quarterback competition could come down to pre-game warm ups on Saturday.

A.J. Johnson in beast package. Best thing that Dooley has given us

Last edited:
So hypothetically, if we take the opening kick-off and run it back to the 1 yard line and Butch puts in the BEAST (AJ) at QB for a beast package and scores, does that make AJ the starting QB?!?!

Discuss. I'll hang up and listen.

So hypothetically, if we take the opening kick-off and run it back to the 1 yard line and Butch puts in the BEAST (AJ) at QB for a beast package and scores, does that make AJ the starting QB?!?!

Discuss. I'll hang up and listen.

Lol if this happens I will streak through Hendersonville wearing my authentic UT football helmet.

VN Store

Back