Polling, Will it ever be reliable again.

Does polling matter

• Total voters
What exactly are you upset about? In your previous post you wanted a basic EC winner/loser predicted by the polls to be accurate. Well you got it this year. Give or take 1-2 states the ultimate result is the same.

If you are looking for an exact science of margin you never had that anyway.

And remember, votes are still being counted in other states than PA, NV, AZ, and GA right now. All across the country states are still counting including the “toss ups” TX and FL. While it appears Trump’s lead is too big to make up the difference in those places, the margins COULD still get a little closer to the polling MoE. Will they fall in it? Or just outside of it? Remains to be seen.
I’m not upset. Quite the opposite I’m laughing my ass off and you trying to show these idiot polls had any damn value. I think that’s pretty clear to anybody reading our exchange.

I’m not upset. Quite the opposite I’m laughing my ass off and you trying to show these idiot polls had any damn value. I think that’s pretty clear to anybody reading our exchange.

Enjoy your laugh. Polls aren’t an exact science. There are certainly problems with the way they are conducted in this day and age. They should always be taken with a grain of salt. That’s my take away.

Enjoy your laugh. Polls aren’t an exact science. There are certainly problems with the way they are conducted in this day and age. They should always be taken with a grain of salt. That’s my take away.
Don’t disagree for the most part. But then by the same token they really shouldn’t factor in any serious discussion of possible outcomes then. 🤷‍♂️ They are barely anecdotal at best.

Only pole that matters now.
seinfeld-festivus.jpg

I've heard this argument but wouldn't it suppress D votes since it appeared to be in the bag?
Based on the turnout, the polls are worse at suppressing the vote than they are at predicting the winner of individual states. Probably will get over 150M by the time they’re all counted.

Reactions: BenGrimm
I've heard this argument but wouldn't it suppress D votes since it appeared to be in the bag?
Not if the dems already have them printed 😁

I think of it this way, if I'm at my kids game while UT is playing bama and by the time I get home they're down 4 tds I probably don't turn it on. But if UT was up 4 tds I would speed home, turn it on and scream until it was over

Not if the dems already have them printed 😁

I think of it this way, if I'm at my kids game while UT is playing bama and by the time I get home they're down 4 tds I probably don't turn it on. But if UT was up 4 tds I would speed home, turn it on and scream until it was over

They didn’t suppress **** in this election. Highest turnout ever with both candidates eclipsing previous highs.

Polls provided about the same level of accuracy in predicting the outcome of this election as the pundits posting and airing videos of rally size comparisons. Biden supporters thought Biden would win a landslide due to polling. Trump supporters thought Trump would win a landslide due to his rallies drawing 40,000 and Biden's drawing 40. It turns out they were all wrong.

I knew polling was basically junk science in high school. We used to be given these forms to fill out and tell about all the drugs we took and the unprotected sex we had. Everyone basically tried to make my high school look like Nuke'em High. The state and feds took our bogus surveys to formulate their statistics about all the drug use and unprotected pre marital sex going on across the country.

Polls provided about the same level of accuracy in predicting the outcome of this election as the pundits posting and airing videos of rally size comparisons. Biden supporters thought Biden would win a landslide due to polling. Trump supporters thought Trump would win a landslide due to his rallies drawing 40,000 and Biden's drawing 40. It turns out they were all wrong.
Lol. Too generous bro

Take polls with a grain of salt. Polls can easily be manipulated to match a narrative depending on how the questions is asked.

A. Are you voting for Trump or Biden?
B. Are you voting for integrity in a president by voting for Biden, or are you okay with Trump and his narcissistic condescending ways?

Take polls with a grain of salt. Polls can easily be manipulated to match a narrative depending on how the questions is asked.

A. Are you voting for Trump or Biden?
B. Are you voting for normalizing pedophilia by voting for Biden, or are you okay with Trump and how he hurts my delicate emotions?
fyp

They didn’t suppress **** in this election. Highest turnout ever with both candidates eclipsing previous highs.
That is all relative. If voter turnout is going to be a record high, there can still be suppression. California is a good example. I’d say republican turnout is low due to the sense of futility and lack of campaigning done there.

If polls are being manipulated to push a candidate, we have a problem, even if people ignore that info.

VN Store

Back