Portable propane generators

@Orangeslice13

I should have at’d you at the beginning of this. You know how I am about doing tons of research. Any ideas, especially brand and model numbers?

Summary:
- able to run propane without conversion kit (concerned about warranties)
- inverter
- can be used with transfer switch
- either:
— ~3200-3500W on propane with option to add second unit via parallel outlet, or
— ~5000-6000 on propane single unit
- preferably electric start along with the pull cord
- bonus: remote start
sumthin sumthin else mentioned in thread

Also, how to keep it from walking off in the night, especially for the frameless ones.

Don’t want to spend a fortune, but again, I threw out $1,200 or more total in food, so I will absolutely pay for quality and reliability

Reactions: VolNExile
Natural gas. They hooked it into our house NG supply line. It comes on automatically after the power is out more than a minute.
Yeah nat gas is the ideal set-up. Out where I am it's only propane in your bulk tank or petrol/ diesel. No nat gas infrastructure in my area. I can't decide on whether it would be easier to get gasoline or propane delivered in a disaster situation. Seems like both would be hard or impossible to get.

Reactions: VolNExile and hog88
Yeah nat gas is the ideal set-up. Out where I am it's only propane in your bulk tank or petrol/ diesel. No nat gas infrastructure in my area. I can't decide on whether it would be easier to get gasoline or propane delivered in a disaster situation. Seems like both would be hard or impossible to get.
Get you a 1000 lb propane tank, can last up to 16 days running a generator. Plus doesn't turn to varnish.

Get a dual-fuel, and you can use either.

VN Store

Back