Positives and Negatives from our first real game of the year

U can tell the younger Vol fans from the older ones. Ain't no way older Vol fans consider WKU a "real opponent".

Kind of a bs blanket statement don't ya think? WKU went 7-6 last year better then what we had going on. I consider any opponent we play to be a "real opponent" any thing can happen on any given Saturday.

Only VN would be so schizoid.

Dudes - We won by 32 with our guys on the goal line with the second/third team offense in the game about to score again after like 10 running plays in a row. Worley managed the game well and only made one dumb mistake when the game was out of reach. It took awhile to get in synch because he and all of the receivers are inexperienced. By the end you saw that he and Josh Smith were on the same page. He will get there with North and Pig. He will get there with Croom when Jason decides the ball is more important to him than getting open.

The O-line needed their tails kicked by Butch at half time. They weren't giving max effort in the first half. That was obviously fixed.

For some reason I don't see anybody talking bad about Willie Martinez as a secondary coach anymore. I wonder why?

Reactions: 2 people
All the pundits are still saying wku is a good team after that ass whoopn'. :birgits_giggle:

53% had WKU in Vegas beating the spread of 13. Take away the 3 point home field and its a two score spread. Everyone is still saying that bobby p is bringing them back

They are an FBS opponent that have a decent shot at finishing the season with a winning record. I'll stick by the "real game" assessment.

Was Troy a real game last year? Oh yeah actually it was because our D sucked. Do you think the WKU hillsuckers would hang at all with our REAL opponents this season ie Bama UGA SC

We gave up 400 yards of offense to Western Kentucky, which turned the ball over 6 or 7 times, including 200 yards of rushing. I was impressed by our ability to create turnovers, but overall I didn't think our defense was very good.

We gave up 400 yards of offense to Western Kentucky, which turned the ball over 6 or 7 times, including 200 yards of rushing. I was impressed by our ability to create turnovers, but overall I didn't think our defense was very good.

You are correct, but get ready to get ripped on here.

3rd down D was culprit

I think in the 2nd half CBJ opened up the playbook some and it seemed to really help Worley. Up to that point it seemed so vanilla. Love the defense. They were absolutely outstanding.

I want 6 wins this year and if it's not pretty so be it.

That's why we play games like this. I'm sure a lot of adjustments will be made by the next game.
Were better having had a test like this.

Reactions: 1 person
You contradict yourself with the...we actually improved in second (which indicates a well coached team)...and your comment about the special teams and were not well coached...ridiculous

Yes. I was listing positives and negatives. Of course, the improvement in the second half indicates a well coached team. Just like the ridiculous error giving up the blocked punt in that situation before the half suggests the opposite. Once again, POSITIVES and NEGATIVES.

What is wrong with you people that can't bear to see any criticism of the coaching? Butch Jones is not your boyfriend.

Was Troy a real game last year? Oh yeah actually it was because our D sucked. Do you think the WKU hillsuckers would hang at all with our REAL opponents this season ie Bama UGA SC

So the only "REAL" teams are the ones in the top 25...I guess I can respect that.

I could see WKU giving Auburn or maybe even Vandy a hard time, and most consider those two "real" enough. No shame in beating an actual bowl team.

Yes, it was a real game. It wasn't a highly important rivalry game, but it wasn't a game against a high school team where you can't judge anything, like last week. So, based on your standards, only games against ranked opponents can be considered "real"?

And I guarantee you Butch & Co. can find as many negatives as positives in this game. UT was able to capitalize on WKU turnovers which is good, but the last few minutes of the 1st half was downright crazy.

I'll take a win any day of the week, and I'll take a coach that can look past the score and make this team better.

I agree and CBJ will find what is needed for his team to work on to go forward.

You mean our opponents that are ranked in the top 10 or so? Our schedule is unreal... today was a real game...next week is against the #2 team in the country. We will probably lose. We are rebuilding.

VN Store

Back