Potpourri

Hey @GameTime our girl is shooting 19-49 39% over at her new home and started 10 of 12 games
Vandy is 11-1 and in 4th place in the SEC...
Don'tcha hate an I told you so
;o)
View attachment 604126
Hey Gametime, do ya want the "told ya so" version or the truth before you board that train? JP is only shooting 39% on 3 bc she had an out of her mind first half and went 5-5 fm 3 the other day against a truly horrible Davidson team who didn't guard her. Before that, she was about 32% fm both fg and 3 pt range, and had zero games in which she hit more than 1 three. Also, she's only averaging 1.5 rebounds per game, 6.5 pts per game.

Vandy is only 11-1 bc they've played a Kim Mulkey type laughable schedule. "4th in the SEC" bc SEC play hasn't started.

But if that's "told ya so" material for you, go for it.

Last edited:
5 for 5 is great, even against terrible opposition. But 11 games with no more than 1 three and a 1.5 rebounding average is bad, very bad.

Also, we have several of those streaky, once in a blue moon 3 point shooters who live in the low 30%.

I wish Justine well. But just like some of our current players, she is what she is, and seems content w what she is. And wouldn't have helped us this season.

Guys, I had such high hopes for Justine, that when she didn't work out here, I was really bummed out....I never felt Kellie appreciated her talents, still don't.

I was not a fan of having Justine mostly just stand at the 3 point perimeter and wait for a pass so she could shoot the ball....Not sure who's idea that was.

In any event, when we play Vandy it will be a very interesting game...She will always be a contender.
20230310205431_2a10deec-107b-47ee-a895-21e4bce0946f.jpg

I was not a fan of having Justine mostly just stand at the 3 point perimeter and wait for a pass so she could shoot the ball....Not sure who's idea that was.
Apparently Justine's unless KJH and Ralph have the same dumb idea for her. Because she's the exact same stand around the perimeter player at Vandy, with a very low motor.

She has potential, I just wish someone could go Steppenwolf on her - get yer motor runnin'!

Reactions: volnationnj
98, I'm a big Steppenwolf fan...Good choice.
Not sure why Justine is not more active with cuts and dashes through the lane, but maybe that's what she is instructed to do....If she is successful from the 3 point line, the defense has to thin itself out to guard her....In any event, the girl looks good wherever she's at...She's definitely a contender!
post_3199053661863309710.jpg

Apparently Justine's unless KJH and Ralph have the same dumb idea for her. Because she's the exact same stand around the perimeter player at Vandy, with a very low motor.

She has potential, I just wish someone could go Steppenwolf on her - get yer motor runnin'!
This. I watched the Vandy game. In the first half, her shot was just beautiful. She did have 5 rebounds by halftime but it was because the ball bounced in her direction. As glv98 said, she's the same player, playing the same way, as she was at Tennessee.
Justine would mostly stand in the corner, waiting for a pass so she could shoot a 3. Now, this is not an unusual offensive format. A lot of teams do this to create space in the lane. However, Justine rarely left the corner. On the only play, that I can remember with her moving through the middle and getting the ball down low, she turned and got her shot blocked (By a much shorter player)
This is why Vandy doesn't have Justine post up her, usually, much shorter defender. She doesn't have the repertoire, to take advantage of her height, down low.
Rebounding is similar. She waits for the ball to come to her, rather than going for the ball. To be a good rebounder, you have to be proactive, not reactive. She doesn't have the necessary skill set, physically or mentally, to be an effective rebounder. At least not yet at this point in her career.
In the second half, she was exactly the same player that she was at Tennessee. Running up and down the court, but not really involved in the game play.

Hey @GameTime our girl is shooting 19-49 39% over at her new home and started 10 of 12 games
Vandy is 11-1 and in 4th place in the SEC...
Don'tcha hate an I told you so
;o)
View attachment 604126
Van
98, I'm a big Steppenwolf fan...Good choice.
Not sure why Justine is not more active with cuts and dashes through the lane, but maybe that's what she is instructed to do....If she is successful from the 3 point line, the defense has to thin itself out to guard her....In any event, the girl looks good wherever she's at...She's definitely a contender!
post_3199053661863309710.jpg
Yes she looks good in camouflage pants. And we have other treads for basketball debate. So keeping with the season hope all the wars end soon. Because unlike good scifi shows everyone born bleeds red.

Hey Gametime, do ya want the "told ya so" version or the truth before you board that train? JP is only shooting 39% on 3 bc she had an out of her mind first half and went 5-5 fm 3 the other day against a truly horrible Davidson team who didn't guard her. Before that, she was about 32% fm both fg and 3 pt range, and had zero games in which she hit more than 1 three. Also, she's only averaging 1.5 rebounds per game, 6.5 pts per game.

Vandy is only 11-1 bc they've played a Kim Mulkey type laughable schedule. "4th in the SEC" bc SEC play hasn't started.

But if that's "told ya so" material for you, go for it.
Isn’t that what helps Tess? Big stats against lesser teams…typically 0-7 points in the big games.

Reactions: olddog

VN Store

Back