Powerball "technical glitch"?

If I win I can guarantee no political contributions ever!

I'm Rekinhavoc and I'm in the running to be your 1.9 billion dollar powerball winner.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I'm keeping an open mind, but in the back I'm wondering if they are having troubles actually securing 2 Billion dollars. That's not an easy thing to come up with. Probably a combination of ticket sales and insurance. This one might have actually gotten away from them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm keeping an open mind, but in the back I'm wondering if they are having troubles actually securing 2 Billion dollars. That's not an easy thing to come up with. Probably a combination of ticket sales and insurance. This one might have actually gotten away from them. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Why would they need to secure $2B?

They don't pay out $1.9 B, though. The lump sum payout is estimated at $929M.

You get more if you take it annually, don't you get an initial amount and then a yearly amount tax free. I believe the taxes are taken out on the front end

I read an article on why these powerballs are getting so high, they increased the amount to enter to 2$ and added another number which increases the odds exponentially, in turn it causes more people want to buy a ticket

You guys really don't know how this works? Powerball has to have the 1.9 Billion to pay out. That's the pay out. If you take the lump sum, the gov will hit you will 50% in taxes off the top. That's the tax. If you take the lifetime payout, tax is way cheaper, but who knows how long that will last? What happens when there is no more lotto? People usually just take the lump and pay the tax. It's roughly 50% off the top to the gov. Powerball still has to pay that out.

You guys really don't know how this works? Powerball has to have the 1.9 Billion to pay out. That's the pay out. If you take the lump sum, the gov will hit you will 50% in taxes off the top. That's the tax. If you take the lifetime payout, tax is way cheaper, but who knows how long that will last? What happens when there is no more lotto? People usually just take the lump and pay the tax. It's roughly 50% off the top to the gov. Powerball still has to pay that out.

How does this work? They don't need the whole amount because they don't pay out $1.9B and the tax rate is still less than 40%

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and AM64

The way I see it, if you can't live on the payout and have trouble waiting for a yearly payment, you probably have a serious issue

Reactions: AM64 and tbh

VN Store

Back