Powerball "technical glitch"?

It's an annuity and is an asset that can be passed on to heirs.

Yeah, if you were given 100 million of a 1.5 billion award, I'd say you could not spend that much in a year if you put in an 8th of the effort. I think you'd be numb to eventually

If you take the annuitized amount of est. 1.9 or whatever, the amount you draw each year is subject to taxes, which can and do change.

Taking cash option is the only way to know exactly what you will pay in taxes on the prize itself.

The lottery keeps half your money. I'd call that a fee.
no
the cash option is the only money that is there based on ticket sales, with half going to education in that state and half into the "cash option"
the "estimated jackpot," based on a 30-year payout, is the amount of the cash option that is invested to guarantee you receive the payout for 30 years, after you receive the first payment
this is why you are better off to take the cash option always: you know exactly how much tax will be paid on the initial amount and should be able to invest it in something yielding a higher rate than government securities

So you can handle approximately 17 million after taxes on your first payment?

You will need lawyers and accountants either way.

The world of people capable of managing 17 million is fairly small. The world of people that can help manage 500M is way smaller.

Reactions: AM64
I don't have a plan for winning never have thought about it much since I have never won any type of lottery, raffle or drawing but I do know one thing that I would do. I would leave, me and the wife would be a ghosts until we had a plan and all of the vehicles in place to manage the money. After that we would contact the kids and let them know where we are. Middle TN would be history for us for at least a few years.

Reactions: McDad
I don't have a plan for winning never have thought about it much since I have never won any type of lottery, raffle or drawing but I do know one thing that I would do. I would leave, me and the wife would be a ghosts until we had a plan and all of the vehicles in place to manage the money. After that we would contact the kids and let them know where we are. Middle TN would be history for us for at least a few years.
You could then buy a cattle ranch in Texas

I would vanish for a bit.

VN Store

Back