Pre-Season Noise is GOOD "Noise"

smh at Tyler B. He could've made himself a truck load of money playing beside Pearce. But anyway
I think a lot of Baron leaving had to do with not just nil money, but jealousy. Baron very obviously wants to be “him”, but you can’t be him without being yourself. James ain’t trying to be “him”, he’s just trying to be James Pierce, and that’s why he is him. Baron trying too hard to be the big shot. Waving NIL deals in players faces in the locker room of Louisville. That’s just sad

I think a lot of Baron leaving had to do with not just nil money, but jealousy. Baron very obviously wants to be “him”, but you can’t be him without being yourself. James ain’t trying to be “him”, he’s just trying to be James Pierce, and that’s why he is him. Baron trying too hard to be the big shot. Waving NIL deals in players faces in the locker room of Louisville. That’s just sad

What you said likely played a factor as well but he was all about money. For two years in a row he used portal as a bargaining chip to get more, even entered portal once before. Then in year 3, it seemed like staff have had enough and let him walk. Then he bailed on Ole Miss for more money promise from Louisville where he got hurt and then went to Miami. He definitely hurt his draft stock, if any, during the process. Also given he is hurt and in a new system, I doubt Miami paid him the big money anyways.

Reactions: onevol74 and Remy
What you said likely played a factor as well but he was all about money. For two years in a row he used portal as a bargaining chip to get more, even entered portal once before. Then in year 3, it seemed like staff have had enough and let him walk. Then he bailed on Ole Miss for more money promise from Louisville where he got hurt and then went to Miami. He definitely hurt his draft stock, if any, during the process. Also given he is hurt and in a new system, I doubt Miami paid him the big money anyways.
Long live capitalism!!!!!!! May the greedy eat themselves.

It's almost like the 1990s when Vols were scattered throughout the All-SEC.

It's early, but my Christmas wish is, along with being the CWS champions, we end up being the champs for football, basketball, volleyball, softball, track, swimming, gymnastics, Tennis, and rowing. And a special national award as the number one fan base. And that we beat the Plejaren vs. Draconians winner in whatever sport (or war) they engage, we beat them too. After all, the word university in our school's name is taken from universe, isn't it?

Reactions: volncleveland
Wow! Time to move over to Football VN. Great National Championship win by Baseball Vols will hopefully rub off on football players/team and other sports. So, What is the football pre-season schedule for reporting, practice, those awesome pre season videos and commentary/analysis? I am pumped up and looking forward to Football Season. It is great to be a Tennessee Volunteer!

I love vol football

Pearce is overrated imo
Edit**

Ehh idk he’s made some awesome plays and actually played a decent amt of snaps last year

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
I love vol football

Pearce is overrated imo
Edit**

Ehh idk he’s made some awesome plays and actually played a decent amt of snaps last year
No offense, but you’re nuts if you think James Pearce is overrated. That man came up BIG consistently and against our best opponents. Even when he wasn’t making the play he was heavily affecting it. Please rewatch the games and focus on him. It was pure chaos with him out on the field. #1 draft pick no doubt. Best player I’ve seen in a LONG time.

I love vol football

Pearce is overrated imo
Edit**

You must be a Cleveland Brown Scout...

200.gif

No offense, but you’re nuts if you think James Pearce is overrated. That man came up BIG consistently and against our best opponents. Even when he wasn’t making the play he was heavily affecting it. Please rewatch the games and focus on him. It was pure chaos with him out on the field. #1 draft pick no doubt. Best player I’ve seen in a LONG time.
He is not better than DB.. he’s just not

That’s where my thought stemmed from

He’s awesome but a tad overrated. He not a number 1 pick..

DB was bigger and had a crazy get off and bend around the edge but it’s a reason he didn’t do as good in the league… he didn’t have many counters or different moves… JPJ is a diff caliber of athlete than DB was and he has an array of moves to beat lineman 60 and 70 Pounds heavier… it’s a reason they are calling him the best defensive player in the nation regardless of position… power, speed, bend, get off he is the real deal.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

D Barnett was consistent all 3 years he was here. He was perfect for college.

Pearce has only been here two years and has had one great year. not really fair to make this case until he plays at 3 seasons with the Vols.

Also, I’d like to remind you Barnett broke Reggie White records. Was Barnett better than Reggie White?

Let’s compare after this season.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

Pearce has only been here two years and has had one great year. not really fair to make this case until he plays at 3 seasons with the Vols.

Also, I’d like to remind you Barnett broke Reggie White records. Was Barnett better than Reggie White?

Barnett was a very good defensive player. However, Pearce has shown make talent in his two years than Barnett did in all his years here. The factor may be Pearce likely has had better coaching than Barnett had when he was here, but Pearce does have more speed and quickness.

Reactions: FBtime

Exactly.

Pearce is the better NFL prospect for sure. It remains to be seen if he’s the better college player. At this point, probably not.

But Barnett was more productive than Myles Garrett in college. Garrett was obviously the better pro prospect and has easily been the better pro player.

“He’s just not”

You convinced me with that compelling argument 😂😂😂

He’s certainly a twitchier athlete than DB. Pearce is a top 10 guy. DB was a backend of the first, front end of the second kind of guy that guy drafted too high.

VN Store

Back