Predict the SEC 2013

TNHopeful505

East:
1. Georgia - As long as they can get past Clemson, LSU and Florida, I think they are a lock. Their schedule is fairly weak, and with Murray and Gurshall returning, they're going to have a good offense, and the defense is always good. Now, of course, we all know that they will most likely win out in the season, get destroyed in the SEC championship game, and then struggle in a bowl. I think the FL/UGA game will once again determine the East.

2. Florida - Since Driskel is back and that nasty D-Line is returning, I say they have a pretty good chance to be 1 or 2 with Georgia. Their schedule is not too tough. Miami and Florida State will be down somewhat. Georgia and LSU are their toughest games.

3. Tennessee - I think we surprise some people here. I think that this offense is going to play to the strengths of Worley, and I think he excels. I think Rajion and Lane get some good carries behind this amazing OL, and I don't see how our defense could be worse. I think we beat South Carolina.

4. South Carolina - With Lattimore out of the picture, they don't have any huge playmakers outside of Connor Shaw, who is going into his 18th season as a Gamecock... Their defense is fine as long as Clowney is in, but still I see them dropping a few games due to a offense with few playmakers.

5. Vanderbilt - Vanderbilt will most likely go 5-7 this year, and fail to make a bowl. While they have a easy OOC schedule (Wake Forest, UAB, UMass, and Austin Peay), their in conference schedule is pretty difficult. Ole Miss and Texas A&M plus the normal SEC East slate. I see Franklin getting shut up, and doing a lot of complaining about refs this season. Vandy will go back to being Vandy.

6. Kentucky - Mark Stoops is doing a lot to change the culture of Kentucky (though it will ALWAYS be a basketball school). But, I still see them having a very rough year. I see UK winning at most 4 games. I see them winning against WKU in the opener, Miami Ohio and Alabama State, and I see them getting by Missouri as Stoop's lone SEC win. So, I see 4-8 for Kentucky. Which is a positive move in the right direction. But they are still another 3 years off from being where they can be even competitive. Stoops is doing well, but if he doesn't show some kind of hope on the field, it will fizzle out soon.

7. Missouri - I look for Missouri to get off to a VERY hot start, 4-0. That's because their first four games are Murray State, Toledo, Indiana and Arkansas State. However, I look for them to drop their next 8. Yes, that's right. I think that they get swept in SEC play. I even think this is the one win Kentucky gets.

West:

1. Alabama - This is obvious. I truly believe that the Tide become a 3 peat champion this year. I'm not a Tide fan at all, but you gotta respect a offense with McCarron, Yeldon, and Cooper. Plus, the defense is always nasty, regardless of who comes or goes. I don't think Alabama drops a single game, and I think they beat the snot out of A&M. The last time that Alabama got beat by LSU, they wore them out in the National Championship game. I expect Bama to make a early statement against A&M. They still rule the SEC, and I don't see that changing as long as Nick is still there.

2. LSU - LSU has 8 QB's on the roster. Surely one of those will be good. Mettenberger wasn't the best QB last year, but he can manage an offense well. The defense of LSU is always nasty (I miss Chavis). If Jeremy Hill is allowed to play then I think LSU ends up at 2. If not, then I could see them dropping to 3rd place.

3. Texas A&M - I think there's a pretty big drop off after Alabama. I think Johnny Football sucks this year. I really think he in no way repeats what he did last year. I think they ruined the kid by giving him the Heisman. A&M is still a good team, but don't discount losing Kingsbury to Texas Tech. One of the best OC's in the game, and major part of A&M's success last year.

4. Ole Miss - Freeze is doing well, and better enjoy this success before the NCAA catches up with him. The recruiting class last year was pretty awesome, and they will be relied on. I really think that Ole Miss makes some waves this year, and I honestly think they can do pretty well. However, I think they're another year or two off from being able to match LSU/A&M.

5. Auburn - Chizik was a terrible coach, and everyone knows that Malzahn was the secret to his success. However, Chizik could recruit, and Malzahn has got some great talent to work with. I think Gus brings Auburn back to a pretty competitive level this year, but it's still going to be a year of adjustment before they are competing with the big dogs. I view Auburn and Ole Miss as the same. I know Auburn had a terrible season, but Auburn is loaded with talent, terrible coaching. And Ole Miss is not as talented, but good coaching.

6. Mississippi State - Mullen is a pretty good coach. But he recruits at a very low level. If Mullen got some high quality talent, I'd be worried about them. But as it stands, he's not much of a recruiter. They did well last year, but we will see if they repeat. Playing Oklahoma State and South Carolina will be challenges added to a already difficult West.

7. Arkansas - Arky probably has the toughest schedule of all teams in the SEC. 3 games that should be wins in La-Lafayette, Samford, and Southern Miss, but the rest of their schedule? The West (Alabama and LSU on the road), plus Florida in the Swamp and South Carolina. Oh, and they play Rutgers on the road too. Pretty rough season honestly. I see Bret Bielema missing Wisconsin a lot this season.

All of that just my opinion. What do you think?

Reactions: 1 person
I like where you were going but ooc games has no affect on the SEC standings. Ie Georgia can easily lose to Clemson and finish 1st in the east. Jmo

Disagree with the Georgia one, Clemson has nothing to do with the SEC Title game and they didn't get destroyed in last years SEC Championship game, what makes you think they would this year?They could of easily beat Alabama.

You could also make an arguement that UT may finish low in the SEC but have a better team than some ahead of them because of schedules. BUT that would just be an excuse

And i dont see Vandy going 5-7. They will win the games you listed plus probably mizzou and kentucky. Then you add an upset over sc, ut, or even ole miss, you have a 7 win ball club. Jmo

East-
1. UGA
2. FL
3. USCjr
4. UT
5. Vandy
6. Mizzou
7. UK
West-
1. Bama
2. LSU
3. Texas AM
4. Ole Miss
5. Barn
6. Arky
7. MSU

Reactions: 2 people
I like where you were going but ooc games has no affect on the SEC standings. Ie Georgia can easily lose to Clemson and finish 1st in the east. Jmo

It has an impact if it comes down to records in SEC play being the same.

But I see what you all are saying. I am eagerly anticipating Georgia vs. Clemson. It's going to be a good game, no doubt.

And i dont see Vandy going 5-7. They will win the games you listed plus probably mizzou and kentucky. Then you add an upset over sc, ut, or even ole miss, you have a 7 win ball club. Jmo

7 is the most they win. They sure as heck won't get 9 wins like last season.

Good analysis. I think that Tennessee finish is optimistic, unfortunately. Our thin roster and tough schedule has me thinking we will have our struggles.

Georgia is a solid pick in the east. Their offense should be amazing. Florida is a wild card. They dangled on a razor's edge of having a mediocre year last year with so many close wins, but their elite defense saved them. I can't figure out yet if Muschamp is lucky or good. We will see this year. I could see them winning the East or finishing middle of the pack, depending on how Driskel develops. I think they have a slight drop off on D. Also, I think USCe talent wise isn't elite, but they have Clowney and Spurrier, who are elite. They also are a wildcard. I agree Mizzou could go into a complete tailspin. They have very little SEC level talent and a coach on the hot seat. Also agree Vandy tails off this year and Franklin jumps ship. Writing is on the wall for him now that he sees what a real coach can do at UT.

I the West, I think that looks good, although picking who finishes last is tough. Mississippi State is my pick for a team to fall off. Auburn will be much better. I bet Arkansas is a hard nosed team that gives people more trouble than they expect. But in the end, I can't see the outcome being much different than what you've written.

I have

EAST

Georgia
USCjr.
Florida

WEST

Alabama
LSU
A&M

Alabama vs Georgia SEC Championship Game

Georgia wins

NC game

OSU vs Georgia

Georgia Wins the NC

If UT finishes 3rd in the East this year, Butch deserves coach of the year honors..That would be over-achieving considering it's is first year and he's installing his system plus the roster is still a bit thin. If Butch can upset one of UF,UGA,USCjr. or Florida, I will be ecstatic b/c that is something Dooley could never do. It would be a huge accomplishment and the fans would see that Butch has our Vols on the right track:twocents:

Last edited:
1. UGA
2. FL
3. UT
4. USCjr
5. Vandy
6. Mizzou
7. UK
West-
1. BAMA
2. Texas A&M
3. LSU
4. Ole Miss
5. Miss
6. Arky
7. Barn

Imo... I know going from one win to four in sec is a stretch but the boys in the trenches will make us proud ...

This is my homer pick lol

east

florida
georgia
south carolina
tennessee
vanderbilt
missouri
kentucky

west

alabama
texas a&m
lsu
auburn (just a hunch)
ole miss
arkansas
mississippi state

I respectfully disagree with the lead off post about USC Jr. Yes Lattimore is gone but a healthy stable of good RBs remain. Don't forget Mike Davis was a recruit we were falling all over ourselves to get a couple of years ago and he had some good game experience last year. Anyway, in the SEC the talent always rises to the top regardless of experience (case in point Lattimore).

Not saying we won't beat them, but it will take a great game plan by our staff and a superb effort by a UT team that may be pretty beat up by October with our grueling schedule. UT no better than 4th in the East as of right now IMO.

East
1.Georgia
2.Florida
3.Sc
4.Tenn
5.Van
6.Mizz
7.Ky

West
1.Ala
2.A&m
3.Lsu
4.Miss
5.Ms st
6.Au
7.Ark

Ala beats Ga

Ala beats Oregon easily to claim National championship
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't believe that UT has a thin roster like someone said earlier. Are we thin in some places, yes, we are.

Our whole season depends on the young guys. Most of our 2nd string DL are freshmen. Most of our LB are inexperienced, same with our WR.

I believe that the QB that is chosen will be fine. If 4 guys fail at a system, then something is wrong with the system. Especially with this caliber of quarterback. We essentially have 4 4* QB's competing for a spot. I'm not that worried about QB play.

RB play? I believe between Lane, Hill and Neal, they will get it done. Not worried about OL either, and not really worried about TE play. I think Woody Quinn steps up majorly for us.

But I think the main thing that makes or breaks our season is our wide receivers. Harris, North, Croom, Blanc, Dallas, Howard, Bowles, Jenkins, Carter, Josh Smith, and Devrin Young. If they step up, we're good, maybe great. If not, it's going to be a long year. BTW, the only ones with any real experience are Blanc, Dallas, Howard, Young, and Carter. What did they say, 14 catches between those guys?

BTW, blame Dooley for that one too. In 2011, Dooley took 2 WR. One was Dallas, the other Arnett. That left us with a big gap in experience.

We'll be alright as long as these young guys step in and perform.

EAST:

Georgia
Florida
S.Carolina
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Missouri
Kentucky

WEST:

Alabama
LSU