Predict the SEC 2013

I understand this is a Vol board and there will be plenty of homer posts like this one. However, the reason you drop USC is because they lost Lattimore (who has been w/o Latti for half his career including UT twice) yet you move UT to 3rd even though y'all lost the SEC's best receiving corps and your 3 year starting QB.

I hope I'm not the only one who sees a little hypocrisy in that.

USC is a better team (not debatable) and has an easier schedule (again not debatable) so I don't see how it's possible UT will finish above USC.

Before y'all jump all over me, I actually think UT has a decent shot at beating us this year because its at Neyland. Also if I had to put my money on it I would pick USC to finish 2nd in the East behind UGA.

The fact of the matter is UT is still a couple years from rising back near to the top of the East. You're replacing virtually an entire offense (except for the line) and you still don't have a proven running game. Your defense will be better this year but it'll have to improve by leaps and bounds to make up for what you lost on offense.

My prediction for UT looking at their schedule is 6-6 or possibly 7-5. Again, not attacking UT here just trying to give my best non-biased opinion on how things will shake out.

I agree with everything. Except your username. :the_finger:

Reactions: 1 person
I understand this is a Vol board and there will be plenty of homer posts like this one. However, the reason you drop USC is because they lost Lattimore (who has been w/o Latti for half his career including UT twice) yet you move UT to 3rd even though y'all lost the SEC's best receiving corps and your 3 year starting QB.

I hope I'm not the only one who sees a little hypocrisy in that.

USC is a better team (not debatable) and has an easier schedule (again not debatable) so I don't see how it's possible UT will finish above USC.

Before y'all jump all over me, I actually think UT has a decent shot at beating us this year because its at Neyland. Also if I had to put my money on it I would pick USC to finish 2nd in the East behind UGA.

The fact of the matter is UT is still a couple years from rising back near to the top of the East. You're replacing virtually an entire offense (except for the line) and you still don't have a proven running game. Your defense will be better this year but it'll have to improve by leaps and bounds to make up for what you lost on offense.

My prediction for UT looking at their schedule is 6-6 or possibly 7-5. Again, not attacking UT here just trying to give my best non-biased opinion on how things will shake out.

These are the two things I thought it was okay to consider. We have what should be 3 cupcakes then I think we have more talent than Vandy, Missouri, and Kty so that gets us our 6. Auburn comes to our house as do you guys. I think Auburn may supprise with their talent so I could be off base here and you guys well that would be my 8th win. I think the difference this year is our coaching and the team vibe. We did lose our QB & the receiving corp but we also lost the albatross of a coach that we had so I think net net we come out ahead. We won't have to wait long now to find out.

Unless Stoops really turns out to be as good a gameday coach as the UK fans are making him out to be, I disagree at this point with the Missouri/UK order of finish / UK beating them

...especially since Missouri beat them by 20+ with that awful backup QB they had to play last season

It is a fun time of year, except we don't have anything to watch from last year. All that is gone as are the signees and seniors. Alabama dominated the national stage last year with huge victories over some overrated non conference foes. LSU simply had no offense to help their defense out, A&M beat them, Georgia could have had they had the confidence in their abilities needed to take it to al. every play. Might do it this year. UT was beaten soundly by al. and Georgia and Vandy. Florida literally out coached us in the second half and took advantage of every weakness we had,( I don't care for Muschamp) but he did good that game. Florida seems a wildcard this year, they have the talent but to lose the bowl game and they under performed, they have the talent to win it all if they click, Ga. has that much talent also, USC does not, but still more overall than us, Vandy is a tossup, first 4 east Ga. Fla. USC UT, West same as you all picked, UT will not fall apart this year, We have less overall talent this year and will do better, The Ego's and me's are gone a new attitude has arrived. What an exciting time to be a Vol fan

East:
1. Georgia - As long as they can get past Clemson, LSU and Florida, I think they are a lock. Their schedule is fairly weak, and with Murray and Gurshall returning, they're going to have a good offense, and the defense is always good. Now, of course, we all know that they will most likely win out in the season, get destroyed in the SEC championship game, and then struggle in a bowl. I think the FL/UGA game will once again determine the East.

2. Florida - Since Driskel is back and that nasty D-Line is returning, I say they have a pretty good chance to be 1 or 2 with Georgia. Their schedule is not too tough. Miami and Florida State will be down somewhat. Georgia and LSU are their toughest games.

3. Tennessee - I think we surprise some people here. I think that this offense is going to play to the strengths of Worley, and I think he excels. I think Rajion and Lane get some good carries behind this amazing OL, and I don't see how our defense could be worse. I think we beat South Carolina.

4. South Carolina - With Lattimore out of the picture, they don't have any huge playmakers outside of Connor Shaw, who is going into his 18th season as a Gamecock... Their defense is fine as long as Clowney is in, but still I see them dropping a few games due to a offense with few playmakers.

5. Vanderbilt - Vanderbilt will most likely go 5-7 this year, and fail to make a bowl. While they have a easy OOC schedule (Wake Forest, UAB, UMass, and Austin Peay), their in conference schedule is pretty difficult. Ole Miss and Texas A&M plus the normal SEC East slate. I see Franklin getting shut up, and doing a lot of complaining about refs this season. Vandy will go back to being Vandy.

6. Kentucky - Mark Stoops is doing a lot to change the culture of Kentucky (though it will ALWAYS be a basketball school). But, I still see them having a very rough year. I see UK winning at most 4 games. I see them winning against WKU in the opener, Miami Ohio and Alabama State, and I see them getting by Missouri as Stoop's lone SEC win. So, I see 4-8 for Kentucky. Which is a positive move in the right direction. But they are still another 3 years off from being where they can be even competitive. Stoops is doing well, but if he doesn't show some kind of hope on the field, it will fizzle out soon.

7. Missouri - I look for Missouri to get off to a VERY hot start, 4-0. That's because their first four games are Murray State, Toledo, Indiana and Arkansas State. However, I look for them to drop their next 8. Yes, that's right. I think that they get swept in SEC play. I even think this is the one win Kentucky gets.

West:

1. Alabama - This is obvious. I truly believe that the Tide become a 3 peat champion this year. I'm not a Tide fan at all, but you gotta respect a offense with McCarron, Yeldon, and Cooper. Plus, the defense is always nasty, regardless of who comes or goes. I don't think Alabama drops a single game, and I think they beat the snot out of A&M. The last time that Alabama got beat by LSU, they wore them out in the National Championship game. I expect Bama to make a early statement against A&M. They still rule the SEC, and I don't see that changing as long as Nick is still there.

2. LSU - LSU has 8 QB's on the roster. Surely one of those will be good. Mettenberger wasn't the best QB last year, but he can manage an offense well. The defense of LSU is always nasty (I miss Chavis). If Jeremy Hill is allowed to play then I think LSU ends up at 2. If not, then I could see them dropping to 3rd place.

3. Texas A&M - I think there's a pretty big drop off after Alabama. I think Johnny Football sucks this year. I really think he in no way repeats what he did last year. I think they ruined the kid by giving him the Heisman. A&M is still a good team, but don't discount losing Kingsbury to Texas Tech. One of the best OC's in the game, and major part of A&M's success last year.

4. Ole Miss - Freeze is doing well, and better enjoy this success before the NCAA catches up with him. The recruiting class last year was pretty awesome, and they will be relied on. I really think that Ole Miss makes some waves this year, and I honestly think they can do pretty well. However, I think they're another year or two off from being able to match LSU/A&M.

5. Auburn - Chizik was a terrible coach, and everyone knows that Malzahn was the secret to his success. However, Chizik could recruit, and Malzahn has got some great talent to work with. I think Gus brings Auburn back to a pretty competitive level this year, but it's still going to be a year of adjustment before they are competing with the big dogs. I view Auburn and Ole Miss as the same. I know Auburn had a terrible season, but Auburn is loaded with talent, terrible coaching. And Ole Miss is not as talented, but good coaching.

6. Mississippi State - Mullen is a pretty good coach. But he recruits at a very low level. If Mullen got some high quality talent, I'd be worried about them. But as it stands, he's not much of a recruiter. They did well last year, but we will see if they repeat. Playing Oklahoma State and South Carolina will be challenges added to a already difficult West.

7. Arkansas - Arky probably has the toughest schedule of all teams in the SEC. 3 games that should be wins in La-Lafayette, Samford, and Southern Miss, but the rest of their schedule? The West (Alabama and LSU on the road), plus Florida in the Swamp and South Carolina. Oh, and they play Rutgers on the road too. Pretty rough season honestly. I see Bret Bielema missing Wisconsin a lot this season.

All of that just my opinion. What do you think?

Vandy will be going to A bowl game again this year! Missou will not go winless in the SEC. I see the east being wide open this year.

VN Store

Back