Prediction

Vols520

We are going to lose to the following teams this coming season:

Oregon, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Alabama and Missouri.

And I don't think it will be a representation on Butch Jones at all.

Reactions: 1 person

14546368206236815942.gif

Reactions: 9 people
If there is one thing the lat 3 years have taught me, it's that trying to predict a final record with this team is fruitless. It just depends on so many things:

Will Worley or Peterman step up and take control of the team?

Will Croom be the next Calvin Johnson or the next Matt Milton?

How will we react under Butch Jones when we are down by 10 or more in the 3rd quarter?

Will the new defensive scheme be able to stop anybody?

Are we really slow in the defensive backfield or were those guys just not being coached up?

I mean, the questions can go on and on and on.

If there is one thing the lat 3 years have taught me, it's that trying to predict a final record with this team is fruitless. It just depends on so many things:

Will Worley or Peterman step up and take control of the team?

Will Croom be the next Calvin Johnson or the next Matt Milton?

How will we react under Butch Jones when we are down by 10 or more in the 3rd quarter?

Will the new defensive scheme be able to stop anybody?

Are we really slow in the defensive backfield or were those guys just not being coached up?

I mean, the questions can go on and on and on.

One more...Does Butch really get it?

Let me help you here chief cause you need it.... Oregon, Florida, Georgia and Missouri, and probably SCar. 7 wins and 5 losses although we have 4-8, 5-7 talent. Coaching matters!

IMO, turn in your damn "Vol card" for predicting a loss to Vaginabilt! What the hell's wrong with you?

Reactions: 7 people
KB and I disagree at times but I agree with him here. Sometimes UT loses to Vandy. However, predicting a loss to Vandy in pre-season is just not right!!!!!

Let me help you here chief cause you need it.... Oregon, Florida, Georgia and Missouri, and probably SCar. 7 wins and 5 losses although we have 4-8, 5-7 talent. Coaching matters!

IMO, turn in your damn "Vol card" for predicting a loss to Vaginabilt! What the hell's wrong with you?

We're beating ALabama?! I like your confidence!

I almost agree with you. I think there is a very remote possibility that we jump up and surprise somebody in the subset of (USC,Vandy,Mizzou), so I think it's more likely 6-6. That surprise would be eventful in 2 ways:
1) It's a better surprise than we've had in many many years and
2) It would be a reflection of CBJ if we go 6-6 and then win over Minnesota/Iowa in the Music City Bowl.

I am not sure how anybody can argue this. I am not saying I want us to be bad. Simply stating what is going to be our reality.

I am not sure how anybody can argue this. I am not saying I want us to be bad. Simply stating what is going to be our reality.

well, now wait a second.

of those 7, 5 are games where tennessee will be an underdog (oregon, florida, georgia, alabama and south carolina).

3 of those 5 are road games. 2 games are at home. while the favorite usually wins, home field can make a difference.

then there is the other two. vandy and missouri. i, myself, want to see tennessee win a road game before i predict it. however, tennessee has more talent than vandy and missouri. vandy is a home game.

so, i don't think there are 7 automatic losses.

Reactions: 2 people
well, now wait a second.

of those 7, 5 are games where tennessee will be an underdog (oregon, florida, georgia, alabama and south carolina).

3 of those 5 are road games. 2 games are at home. while the favorite usually wins, home field can make a difference.

then there is the other two. vandy and missouri. i, myself, want to see tennessee win a road game before i predict it. however, tennessee has more talent than vandy and missouri. vandy is a home game.

so, i don't think there are 7 automatic losses.

Yes. And both games are late in the year. One of the ways we'll be able to tell whether we hired an actual football coach this time is to see whether this team gets better as the year goes along.

Interesting. Could you list the 8 teams on our schedule that have more talent than we do? I'd like to check them against the recruiting rankings over the past 4 years.

Why did you have to go and spoil it?

I think we beat Vandy, Missouri, and have a good shot at South Carolina.

VN Store

Back