President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

Lol

What’s wrong with putting a child rapist to death? Why waste tax dollars with a lifetime in prison where they get free meals and all the drugs they want?
It's more expensive to go thru the execution process

Are you OK with the possibility that an innocent person gets put to death? Death penalty is not reversible

It's more expensive to go thru the execution process

Are you OK with the possibility that an innocent person gets put to death? Death penalty is not reversible
I absolutely am fine with it. It’s more expensive because we make it that way. A child rapist shouldn’t get tons and tons of appeals spanning a decade or multiple decades.

Ok, why iyo? I know I have read up on the cost etc..im curious as to your thoughts? And also why is the way a capital case vs a life sentence case tired differently? Shouldn't both require the same level of scrutiny and dillegence to get a guilty conviction?

Cap gains taxes currently are not bracketed. It is the same flat percentage for every income level. (Cap gains are not income but income taxes are the rates which bracketed which is your Q). Biden (one of his advisors through him) is proposing the over doubling of the amount.
That's what I thought but the word marginal (Together, the proposals would increase the top marginal rate on long-term capital gains and qualified dividends to 44.6 percent.”) made me think there was something new.

Reactions: McDad
I absolutely am fine with it. It’s more expensive because we make it that way. A child rapist shouldn’t get tons and tons of appeals spanning a decade or multiple decades.
You keep saying a child rapist should be put to death but are also saying you're ok with the possibility of an innocent person being put to death by the state. Not sure you've really thought much beyond your emotional response (which is exactly what that tweet was written to do)

Reactions: volfanhill
Ok, why iyo? I know I have read up on the cost etc..im curious as to your thoughts? And also why is the way a capital case vs a life sentence case tired differently? Shouldn't both require the same level of scrutiny and dillegence to get a guilty conviction?

Capital cases are afforded more appeals and more resources.

Yes, I have said numerous times that a defendant should be given the same resources (money) for their defense as the prosecution plans to spend putting them on trial.

Reactions: volfanhill
That's what I thought but the word marginal (Together, the proposals would increase the top marginal rate on long-term capital gains and qualified dividends to 44.6 percent.”) made me think there was something new.
You're absolutely correct. Good catch. It is a weird way to word a flat percentage tax.

Maybe they are referring to the effective margins based on the individual state's additional tax?

Reactions: EasternVol
You're absolutely correct. Good catch. It is a weird way to word a flat percentage tax.

Maybe they are referring to the effective margins based on the individual state's additional tax?
That makes the most sense to me with my very limited knowledge of the subject.

What’s wrong with putting a child rapist to death? Why waste tax dollars with a lifetime in prison where they get free meals and all the drugs they want?
The cost is irrelevant in the grand scheme - but it’s cheaper to inventory them than it is to dispose of them.

And there is nothing wrong, imo, with a society choosing to employ capital punishment for selected crimes - I have no moral objection to it, in theory.

I have a moral objection to a system that gets it wrong, and executes innocent people - Our system gets it wrong, and executes innocent people.

I cannot support that.

Appeal after appeal after appeal, then a couple more appeals.

Capital case defendants are usually poor too - We pay for the Prosecution and Defense.

Every step. Every appeal. To the end.

The cost is irrelevant in the grand scheme - but it’s cheaper to inventory them than it is to dispose of them.

And there is nothing wrong, imo, with a society choosing to employ capital punishment for selected crimes - I have no moral objection to it, in theory.

I have a moral objection to a system that gets it wrong, and executes innocent people - Our system gets it wrong, and executes innocent people.

I cannot support that.

^^This! I have no problem killing those who deserve to be killed, I can't abide by the state killing a wrongly convicted person.

Reactions: 85SugarVol

VN Store

Back