Pride of the Southland

Reverend Bubba Flavel

Maybe it has been played but I just do not remember it, but this is the first time I have heard them play "Mars: Bringer of War" in 12-14 years.

I love it. Great tune to play while on defense on 3rd or 4th down

Is it true they are not going to Oregon game? That there will be no band to play Rocky Top???

We're bringing Dave and the All-Vol band

[youtube]http://youtu.be/lmAzCb0FluQ[/youtube]

Hey we live in a modern era, they should have them play in Neyland and broadcast that to some speakers and a PA in the band section there.....:p

Conf call us some Rocky Top!

they'll Skype them in and delete the whoo.

Nevermind. Its Oregon so they'll Facetime the band in

Not even a pep band. The band's travel to away games is covered by the Athletic Department and they said they could not afford it this year. No pep band to Missouri either. That's sad.

Our Football Team needs to start winning big games... I know that this goes without saying..

They start winning and all other programs in the school will benefit..

Sad to say that... but its true.

Not even a pep band. The band's travel to away games is covered by the Athletic Department and they said they could not afford it this year. No pep band to Missouri either. That's sad.

Given just how much money flows through the UT football program this is Fing pathetic....

Reactions: 1 person
It's more about the costs of travelling rather than fitting in the stadium. The AD has decided to not send them up there. And it may be just a pep band at Florida and Bama, but I don't have that confirmed right now.

This will mark the 2nd time, since the Pride began playing Rocky Top, that Rocky Top will not be played at a Tennessee football game.

The first was in 2011 @ Arkansas. We all know what happened that day.

The whole band is going to Florida and Bama, pep band to Kentucky. I was excited about getting to play Rocky Top at Mizzou for the first time, but oh well.

Pep band to Kentucky!? It's a freaking day trip! They can't afford bus service and a chick-fil-a meal for 1 damn day??

Edit: by they, I of course mean the athletic department. I know it's not the band's call.

VN Store

Back