Pride of the Southland

You're right, has nothing to do with making money. Smh

Noted, but I don't think the cost of bus rental and a dinner (specifically for sending the full band to Kentucky -- I'm not arguing a flight to Oregon or Missouri) can be blamed on low ticket sales to non-conference Sun Belt games.

On a different note -- Is the band leaving for Florida on Thursday or Friday? Back in my day... bah... We left on Thursday, spent Friday at the beach, game on Saturday, then come home Sunday.

Noted, but I don't think the cost of bus rental and a dinner (specifically for sending the full band to Kentucky -- I'm not arguing a flight to Oregon or Missouri) can be blamed on low ticket sales to non-conference Sun Belt games.

On a different note -- Is the band leaving for Florida on Thursday or Friday? Back in my day... bah... We left on Thursday, spent Friday at the beach, game on Saturday, then come home Sunday.

We're doing the exact same thing. We leave on Thursday, spend the day on the beach on Friday, and blast Rocky Top in the Swamp Saturday evening.

We're doing the exact same thing. We leave on Thursday, spend the day on the beach on Friday, and blast Rocky Top in the Swamp Saturday evening.

Nice. Enjoy Jacksonville. It's a great trip.

I marched alto 2002-2005, and was a squad leader in '04 and '05. It's unfortunate that in such a short amount of time since then, the band is getting gashed with budgetary stuff. Although I did notice that y'all get some pretty sweet Adidas gear these days -- something we definitely did not get.

Back then, there was no question that the whole band was travelling to all but 1 of the games, and then that 1 game was covered by the Orange and White pep bands. I can remember in 2003, the AD cut funding to send the pep band to Miami. A bunch of alumni got in an uproar, and the AD came up with the money to fly us down late on Friday.

We stayed that night in Miami, went to the game the next morning, changed on the bus after the game, and drove straight to the airport to fly home. Had we lost, it would've sucked, but since we won, it's in my top 3 trips I got to take as a Pride member.

Nice. Enjoy Jacksonville. It's a great trip.

I marched alto 2002-2005, and was a squad leader in '04 and '05. It's unfortunate that in such a short amount of time since then, the band is getting gashed with budgetary stuff. Although I did notice that y'all get some pretty sweet Adidas gear these days -- something we definitely did not get.

Back then, there was no question that the whole band was travelling to all but 1 of the games, and then that 1 game was covered by the Orange and White pep bands. I can remember in 2003, the AD cut funding to send the pep band to Miami. A bunch of alumni got in an uproar, and the AD came up with the money to fly us down late on Friday.

We stayed that night in Miami, went to the game the next morning, changed on the bus after the game, and drove straight to the airport to fly home. Had we lost, it would've sucked, but since we won, it's in my top 3 trips I got to take as a Pride member.

Bringing back one of my favorite childhood memories there. Could have had a noise complaint called on me for running around the house, yelling after the Vols beat Miami.

It's funny how a win can make everything so much better. Had we beaten Miss State last year, I'm sure that trip would rank near my top, but that day long ride to Starkville hit the fan as the clock hit 0:00. Hoping before I graduate, we can ride back to Knoxville with a big victory under our belts that makes the time all worthwhile.

VN Store

Back