Props to Coach Harper

pasadenavol

I've been one of Kellie's biggest critics, but I also want to give credit where it's due. She lit a fire at halftime the past two games and led them to incredible second halfs.

She recognized Puckett was a liability today and got her out of the game. Tough as a coach when players are inconsistent, but she's done a much better job of creating on court chemistry. Of course Rickea helps with that as well...

I've been one of Kellie's biggest critics, but I also want to give credit where it's due. She lit a fire at halftime the past two games and led them to incredible second halfs.

She recognized Puckett was a liability today and got her out of the game. Tough as a coach when players are inconsistent, but she's done a much better job of creating on court chemistry. Of course Rickea helps with that as well...
Agreed with giving her props for second half but two games in a row coming out flat is not acceptable. The turnovers are a long standing issue And I would be losing my cookies on people who continue to make some of the passes causing turnovers that are causing these deficits. Ain’t going to recover against good teams.

Agreed with giving her props for second half but two games in a row coming out flat is not acceptable. The turnovers are a long standing issue And I would be losing my cookies on people who continue to make some of the passes causing turnovers that are causing these deficits. Ain’t going to recover against good teams.
Understood and agree. That long pass from Puckett to the 3rd or 4th row behind the bench just makes zero sense.

it's a close race between SP and JH for the most inept Lady Vol so far this season. I think JH leads by a air ball from 3 ft away. :(

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Coach Harper certainly seems to be locked in right now.
I believe her philosophy is to be fair to the players and that’s not a flaw.
The thing is, now that she’s clearly given each player a fair chance to play and the team has gotten healthy you go with your best on the court.

Jewel Spear and Coach Harper get the game ball IMO. Jewel scored 20 pts taking just 9 field goals. Made timely plays defensively. This while adjusting to a completely new system and team. She is a 2x Team USA selection for a reason. Her best hasn’t come yet in a TN uniform but as a player Jewel is a #1 option. Her resume speaks for itself.

We've said before, we just need about 2 of Tess, Sara, Strip, Jewel, and Jill to have very solid games and we're good. Who it is comes and goes and depends on matchups. They're kind of like a bullpen. Today it was Jewel big time, then Tess and Jill. They all just have to stay ready for when it's their night.

Then add a steady JP/Kaiya and Rickea doing that thing and we're good. TK is a big bonus element.

We do need Sara to have a big game, she does seem to be getting down on herself. That pass into the 3rd row was deflating.

Exactly!! I’d rather be a second half team anyway for what it’s worth

Aren't we always? We play a decent opponent and we almost always fall behind in the first half--often by a lot--and have to rally in the second
half. It's been a very obvious pattern with this team and other recent teams. And Kentucky isn't even a good team.

Reactions: TNRazor
Aren't we always? We play a decent opponent and we almost always fall behind in the first half--often by a lot--and have to rally in the second
half. It's been a very obvious pattern with this team and other recent teams. And Kentucky isn't even a good team.
Bad team coming off a good win tho

I assume that those of us at the game noticed the 'SEC Inside' crew following the team and coaches around today, so at some point we'll get to see Kellie's halftime speech.

I think most of us would like to see what she said, so hopefully it will air sooner than later!
Probably for “The Kellie Harper Show” about to start airing again

Reactions: mudcat1973

She should have already be fired this team is winning only because the SEC top to bottom is pathetic. Only to real team SC and LSU

TOs have been a problem for the ladies since the warlick days. Most are just lazy silly passes!!

VN Store

Back