Props to Coach Harper

Reading comprehension a problem?
I told you. Only seven teams have reached the sweet sixteen the last two seasons. Lady Vols are one of the seven. Only ten teams have a record over the last three years of two sweet 16s and a round of 32. Lady Vols are one of the ten.
I posted which teams earlier but I can’t remember where but some of other the teams included USC, UConn, Maryland, Louisville, Stanford. So basically Kellie has the program back among the elite. Hopefully we take the next step this year.
…now ya dun it… 🤣

Reactions: mudcat1973
No I understood exactly what your wrote.

I just don’t find the results you quoted acceptable for the Lady Vols. I expect more.

Obviously our expectations are different.
Nice try to cover up. I specifically said how they had done in the tournament in my original post. You obviously disliked my comment that the players respected and loved Kellie and snarked on that and then asked how they had done in the tournament. Don’t try and reframe what happened.

Nice try to cover up. I specifically said how they had done in the tournament in my original post. You obviously disliked my comment that the players respected and loved Kellie and snarked on that and then asked how they had done in the tournament. Don’t try and reframe what happened.
Not trying to reframe anything.

They can love and respect her all they want. She can get as many in portal as she wants.

If they aren’t winning the big games in regular season and consistently winning at high level and late rounds in NCAA tournament, Then it does not meet what I think the Lady VOLS standard should be.

They did make great adjustments but they are not consistent, don’t do the fundamentals and first half starts need to be better. The buck for those stops with CKJH.

We will just disagree.

No I understood exactly what your wrote.

I just don’t find the results you quoted acceptable for the Lady Vols. I expect more.

Obviously our expectations are different.
I think your expectations are a bit unrealistic. The program she inherited was in a complete shambles. The championship culture was long gone, and it will take a long time to rebuild it. I do agree that this has looked like a very poorly coached team at times, and Kellie may not be the answer, but in my opinion, she deserves a little more time.

I think your expectations are a bit unrealistic. The program she inherited was in a complete shambles. The championship culture was long gone, and it will take a long time to rebuild it. I do agree that this has looked like a very poorly coached team at times, and Kellie may not be the answer, but in my opinion, she deserves a little more time.
She just needs to be better than Holly. Holly has a few E8 on her resume. Shambles is different for everyone.

To say we're "back among the elite" because we've gotten to a coupla Sweet 16's is laughable nonsense. We haven't achieved
anything. We lost almost every game we played against good competition last year. We got to the Sweet 16 last year by beating two cupcakes at home and then, per usual, losing to the first good team we faced. That is not "back among the elite." Talk about a lowering of standards.

When were we last to the Final Four? Fifteen years? Twenty? When we get to the Final Four, we /might/---might---be able to make this claim.
For now...please.

A good coach doesn't need a "long time" to build a "championship culture." And certainly not at a program like ours, with our pedigree. You need one or two excellent players, a nice supporting cast and good coaching--and in basketball two or three good players can make all the difference. It's taken Harper a long time because our recruiting has been terrible. Her biggest achievement--by far, there isn't even a close second--is landing Jackson and having the great good fortune to have Jackson play this year when she easily could have turned pro.

This team has potential. We'll see how it fares in the tournament when crunch time comes.

To say we're "back among the elite" because we've gotten to a coupla Sweet 16's is laughable nonsense. We haven't achieved
anything. We lost almost every game we played against good competition last year. We got to the Sweet 16 last year by beating two cupcakes at home and then, per usual, losing to the first good team we faced. That is not "back among the elite." Talk about a lowering of standards.

When were we last to the Final Four? Fifteen years? Twenty? When we get to the Final Four, we /might/---might---be able to make this claim.
For now...please.
All but six teams would trade places with us.

She just needs to be better than Holly. Holly has a few E8 on her resume. Shambles is different for everyone.
She's already better than Holly. I think Holly is probably a fine person and a VFL, but she was not cut out to be a head coach. Her players gave little effort, made the same mistakes over and over, and she just stood on the sideline and clapped. I do see some of that with Kellie, but I do believe she addresses those problems and demands some effort.

She's already better than Holly. I think Holly is probably a fine person and a VFL, but she was not cut out to be a head coach. Her players gave little effort, made the same mistakes over and over, and she just stood on the sideline and clapped. I do see some of that with Kellie, but I do believe she addresses those problems and demands some effort.
Reach back out when she gets to E8 and we can revisit. Just 1

Reach back out when she gets to E8 and we can revisit. Just 1
I do understand that coaches are ultimately judged by their tournament success, and I guess that's fair. But, at the same time, I believe that can be misleading. For example, I consider Rick Barnes to be an all-time elite coach, but his tournament record is not great. The single elimination tournament is a crapshoot. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I actually consider W-L record to be a better measure of coaching ability.

Reactions: mudcat1973
I do understand that coaches are ultimately judged by their tournament success, and I guess that's fair. But, at the same time, I believe that can be misleading. For example, I consider Rick Barnes to be an all-time elite coach, but his tournament record is not great. The single elimination tournament is a crapshoot. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I actually consider W-L record to be a better measure of coaching ability.
W-L can be misleading as well. You can pad your stats by playing directional in-state schools, not a direct insult to MTSU.

This is laughable. You missed the previous analysis that showed only 7 programs with an equal or better post season record the last two years and only 10 with a better record over the last three years. As far as respect, her players respect AND love her. The family atmosphere she has created is a big reason we have done so well in the portal.
You’re high

New here?
Nope. Just tell it like it is. Wait til South Carolina and LSU get done with us. So we beat a bad FL team and a bad KY team. We have really improved. Your opinion is exactly what is wrong with a once proud Lady Vol program. You accept mediocrity. I refuse to.

Reactions: T_Vol376
Nope. Just tell it like it is. Wait til South Carolina and LSU get done with us. So we beat a bad FL team and a bad KY team. We have really improved. Your opinion is exactly what is wrong with a once proud Lady Vol program. You accept mediocrity. I refuse to.

You've been posting for 4 months... not even on solid food yet

Hmmmm. Consider for a moment.
…seriously. Did I survey this site as a lurker? 👀
…do I want to become part of this community?
Or do I just want to stir up 💩?

Okay, you have refused to accept mediocrity!! So, what happens now. The earth opens and swallows Kellie and a wonder coach drops from the sky?

How is someone noting that we are one of 7 teams to make the S16 actually impacting the program in a negative way. What is the mechanism.

I am just not sufficiently versed in the magical powers of a message board.

Last edited:
Okay, you have refused to accept mediocrity!! So, what happens now. The earth opens and swallows Kellie and a wonder coach drops from the sky?

How is someone noting that we are one of 7 teams to make the S16 actually impacting the program in a negative, What is the mechanism.

I am just not sufficiently versed in the magical powers of a message board.
How dare you @madtownvol !!!

Dontcha know @Score50 is the one?

IMG_4993.gif

Are you talking about our game with Fla A&M 2 months ago,,,or are you psychic and know something about our next game?

VN Store

Back