Prospect Harrison Smith

This Harrison Smith sounds like the real deal... and he's from KNOXVILLE! Let's hope this player is just testing the recruiting waters, but knows where he'll end up... UT.

Harrison, please don't pull a Patrick Turner. :banghead:

Yeah, but he could go to ND and help Jimmy Clausen win four consecutive national championships.

JOKE

He was a beast anywhere he played on the field, on the 3A Tennessee High School football level anyway.

(tidwell @ May 3 said:
He was a beast anywhere he played on the field, on the 3A Tennessee High School football level anyway.
Harrison Smith goes to Knoxville Catholic High School. They are division 2, not 3A. Anyways, I have run against him in track meets and he is one fast guy

(Volunteersfan @ May 3 said:
Harrison Smith goes to Knoxville Catholic High School. They are division 2, not 3A. Anyways, I have run against him in track meets and he is one fast guy

Apparently that changed, they were in 3A last year since Livingston Academy eliminated them on the way tot he 3A state title.

(VolunteerHillbilly @ May 3 said:
I couldn't open the link.
neither could i, maybe Catholic is 3A in basketball or something but i couldve sworn they were Division 2 in football

Here's the gist of it.

2005-2009 Classification for 3A Football

Region 2
Anderson County (Clinton)
Austin-East (Knoxville)
Kingston
Knoxville Catholic (Knoxville)
Knoxville Fulton (Knoxville)
Livingston Academy (Livingston)
Scott County (Huntsville)

tssaa.org - Classification - 3A Football

Catholic was AAA in football. I don't think he will pull a PT because PT didn't grow up watching UT like Harrison did.

(Volunteersfan @ May 3 said:
neither could i, maybe Catholic is 3A in basketball or something but i couldve sworn they were Division 2 in football
they are 3a football they moved last year, my high school is literally about a mile or less away

My son plays for KCHS and beeleeyoume we are 3A.

Harrison is a great kid and the "Arish" nation will be happy wherever he goes. Don't count the OTHER Irish out just yet.

CPF was at practice Monday, Smith made an inhuman leap over a receiver to snag an interception.

The real kid to watch is a kid named Zak Tait. (Whether Fulmer picked up on this, though, is doubtful.)

6'2" 275 OL starter as a FRESHMAN. Has terrific footwork and dominated all year long. This will be his soph season coming up. #57

Seriously, this kid stays healthy and he plays on Sundays.

Also keep an eye out for Tim Irwin's son, Conner. Played well as a soph TE and will get better.

(Maize and Blue Fan @ May 7 said:
if he donesnt come to tennessee then go somewher like Notre Dame instead of worthless Boston College
BC is getting up there... They're way overhyped, being ESPN's homer ex-Big East squad, making a splash in the ACC. But BC is cutting themselves a nice slice of the ACC pie.

(tidwell @ May 3 said:
Here's the gist of it.

2005-2009 Classification for 3A Football

Region 2
Anderson County (Clinton)
Austin-East (Knoxville)
Kingston
Knoxville Catholic (Knoxville)
Knoxville Fulton (Knoxville)
Livingston Academy (Livingston)
Scott County (Huntsville)

tssaa.org - Classification - 3A Football
tidwell, youre right, they did move to 3A, my mistake.

Looks like KNS reporting that ND did offer Smith but it has not made the recruiting services just yet. Looks like we stand to loose a lot of guys to the domers this year.

Yep, Notre Dame offered him on Sunday...

"I got a call from them Sunday night," said Smith. "Coach (Charlie) Weis called and offered me the scholarship."

He made his visit to ND when they were playing us last season. :(

But when asked if he followed Notre Dame growing up, Smith said..

"No, sir. My team was Tennessee growing up."

OK, I'll 'fess up.

I have known that Harrison had been or was going to be offered by ND for some time.

However, I didn't mention it as: 1) really, it's his place to say so and 2) since my son is on the team, I'd be "talking out of school" and prolly violating some nitwit NCAA rule or other.

Anyway, given the problems real/imagined/perceived on The Hill, I'm sort of pulling for ND in this one. I think he'd be a better fit playing under Weis than Fulmer.

JMO

VN Store

Back