PSA: Support Spyre Sports Group and the Volunteer Club, and the Football Program

vol_in_ga

Vols Deep
Do you want Tennessee to reach championship level in football? In other sports? Do you want our teams to retain players like Jaylen Wright and Dylan Sampson? How about James Pearce Jr? How about top tier recruits like Nico was? Or this years Mike Matthews? Or 5 star OT Jordan Seaton who announces in a couple weeks?

The Tennessee NIL Collective, Spyre Sports Group, will be at or near the top of most of these "The Best NIL Collectives in College Football" lists ...

The Top 10 NIL Collectives in college football according to On3

In this particular list from On3, Tennessee's Spyre Sports Group is #1.

From the article :

1. Tennessee - Spyre Sports Group

"
The best NIL collective on this list is indisputably the Spyre Sports Group of Tennessee. On3's article highlighted Spyre's role in one of the biggest stories in the history of NIL : Nico Iamaleava's contract with Spyre that had a total value of 8 million dollars. Spyre has it all : a wide base of boosters, a large balance of cash, and a mission designed to allow athletes to pursue their passions and maximize their profits.What might've set Spyre apart from A&M's 12th Man and Fund is the presence of a creativity that some said was lacking in "The Fund's," processes. One example of this is Spyre's process of having member brands, such as a fast-casual burger restaurant, that can be paired with member athletes (perhaps an athlete with an interest in culinary arts), in a way that best suits both parties."

This group is funded by donors. It does not exist without them and it does not remain near the top without them, along with continued and expanded contributions. Donate below. Every dollar counts.

If you’d like to support the Football program specifically, you may do so by donating directly to the University’s Football Excellence Fund below:

Disclosure:

I do not benefit monetarily or any other way by posting this. I am not a Spyre or Vol Club associate. I am merely a contributing member who believes in the cause and wants to see our sports programs succeed, and believe the two entities will help them achieve such success.

Last edited:
You guys gave $8mil to a not ready for college time QB to sit on the bench all season. I think fans can find better things to do with their hard earn money.

I'm pretty sure Spyre has nothing to do with the X's and O's once they get the kids on campus.

Plus, isn't that 8mil spread out over certain milestones? Would be pretty silly to say to a kid "hey come to school here, here's 8 mil and a t-shirt, no strings attached."

Last edited:
Will being a championship-quality team allow Tennessee to beat terrible Florida teams finally?
Not sure what you was expecting this year, but ESPN FPI had our win total at 8.2 before the season. Also they had us losing to Florida in the swamp, and had the the Kentucky game as baislcy a toss up. 11 games was never gonna Happen this year with the depth issue, injuries as the season went on, and losing the amount of talent to the NFL as we did. Heuple is still coaching and recruiting under scholarship restrictions which is affecting the depth. We are not at a point YET, where we can lsoe NFL talent and just plug and play and not miss a beat.

Donating to buy good athletes would be great, but with the current coaching leadership, I feel like the fans are just throwing away good money.

Not sure what you was expecting this year, but ESPN FPI had our win total at 8.2 before the season. Also they had us losing to Florida in the swamp, and had the the Kentucky game as baislcy a toss up. 11 games was never gonna Happen this year with the depth issue, injuries as the season went on, and losing the amount of talent to the NFL as we did. Heuple is still coaching and recruiting under scholarship restrictions which is affecting the depth. We are not at a point YET, where we can lsoe NFL talent and just plug and play and not miss a beat.
Pfft with this mess. You really are going to sit there and say "Florida had a better team than Tennessee in 2023 and ESPN called it" You might has well tell them to touch the back of your throat with all the love you are giving them.

Florida beats the hell out of Tennessee with the flu, with their worst teams in history, with bad rosters, with coaching turmoil, with backup QB's, and they do so with ease every year. What did I expect this year lol. Try pretty much every game for the last 30 years with the occasional Tennessee lucky W.

Last edited:
Pfft with this mess. You really are going to sit there and say "Florida had a better team than Tennessee in 2023 and ESPN called it" You might has well tell them to touch the back of your throat with all the love you are giving them.

Florida beats the hell out of Tennessee with the flu, with their worst teams in history, with bad roosters, with coaching turmoil, with backup QB's, and they do so with ease every year. What did I expect this year lol. Try pretty much every game for the last 30 years with the occasional Tennessee lucky W.
Florida finds a way to beat us even with all things against them and everything in our favor. We can have a 5th year senior qb and they will have a walk on qb who has only been there a week and still beat us. We just seem prepared to lose when we play them and do so accordingly. The effort and prep this year just reeked. I think Florida was the game JM stepped out of bounds 1 yard short of a 1st down when he could have easily kept going.

Reactions: fossilfiction
Florida finds a way to beat us even with all things against them and everything in our favor. We can have a 5th year senior qb and they will have a walk on qb who has only been there a week and still beat us. We just seem prepared to lose when we play them and do so accordingly. The effort and prep this year just reeked. I think Florida was the game JM stepped out of bounds 1 yard short of a 1st down when he could have easily kept going.
But don't you know, it's because the fans are not pumping enough money to buy championship athletes and all this was supposed to happen this year so it's okay btw

~VolMarine1371

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
Oh without a doubt he is a troll from another fan base.
Or just a fan who is calling it for what it is and some people on here cant handle the truth without having a tantrum.

If you want keep dumping good money on benchwarmers, you go right ahead.

You guys gave $8mil to a not ready for college time QB to sit on the bench all season. I think fans can find better things to do with their hard earn money.
In reference to “you guys”:

I do not benefit monetarily or any other way by posting this. I am not a Spyre or Vol Club associate. I am merely a contributing member who believes in the cause and wants to see our sports programs succeed, and believe the two entities will help them achieve such success.

I’ll also add:

All fans contribute their money to the athletics programs through one way or another. The only difference between these contributions I encourage and buying tickets or merch is the “perceived” value and ROI. I would argue strongly that the dollars that go towards maintaining and increasing the talent level of the teams we follow is just as important and directly related to the subsequent experience we have when attending games or wearing merchandise.

If you want to base your fanhood off of experience without contribution, and you expect the experience to be good before any of the more invested fans make their contributions, then your username is extremely fitting to your personality and the experience that you deserve to have.

Or just a fan who is calling it for what it is and some people on here cant handle the truth without having a tantrum.

If you want keep dumping good money on benchwarmers, you go right ahead.
Did you expect Nico to come in and start day 1 and lead us to the playoffs? Because that is completely delusional. Everyone with half a brain knew that this was Joe Milton's season and he would be the starter for every game barring injury. Just like anyone with half a brain knows this is Nico's team for at least the next 2 seasons.

knock off the personal attacks and debate the topic.
Debate firing a coach who 26-7 in year three of a rebuild at a program that was behind Vanderbilt and Kentucky several times before him.

Pruitt was 5-19
Jones was 34-27
Dooley 5-21

Who do you realistically hire to replace him in 2023? Don't just throw some stupid **** out there, make a point with your fix it instead of crying in every thread.

does membership to the Vols Club effect (help) your rank (points) or is that separate and money to the university only?

VN Store

Back