PSA: Support Spyre Sports Group and the Volunteer Club, and the Football Program

They have a good tailgating atmosphere with drinks and food. I had to have been close to breaking even on my contribution vs what my wife and I ate/drank during pregame.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Pfft with this mess. You really are going to sit there and say "Florida had a better team than Tennessee in 2023 and ESPN called it" You might has well tell them to touch the back of your throat with all the love you are giving them.

Florida beats the hell out of Tennessee with the flu, with their worst teams in history, with bad rosters, with coaching turmoil, with backup QB's, and they do so with ease every year. What did I expect this year lol. Try pretty much every game for the last 30 years with the occasional Tennessee lucky W.
I’m just telling you what the ESPN FPI rankings said about the Vols prior to the season. While it was accurate for the Vols, it was way off on Mizzou. What Heupel inherited was a nuclear wasteland basicly. When he took over, no one including yourself thought he would win NY6 his 2nd year. Even though it was a great year, the team still had flaws up and down the roster, depth issues, worst statistical QB under Heupel in his career, and injuries to the OL, DL, LB, DB, and WR groups along with the depth issues, he still managed to go 8-4. Is 8-4 the expectations? Hell no, and the team and Heupel know that more than anyone. But it still don’t take away the fact he took the hardest job in the country and has exceeded expectations. While coaching under investigations, having 28 scholarships docked, 35 transfers, still dealing with recruiting sanctions along with raising the expectations for UT football again.

By time the season ended UT had significant injuries that did not help matters any. Started the season without Mays, Airon Carter and Pili both ended up out for the season, Thornton and Bru ended up out for the season, Hadden gone for the year. The WR group already had enough issues without injury, but I bet Milton or Heupel wasn’t expecting to lose 2 starting WR’s. Squirrel white was the only starting WR we had by time the season ended. Pili was a caption/Stsrter and Carter was on his way to freshman all American and played significant snaps as a freshman. You can refuse to see it if you want, but the depth is most of the issue. Our starters played with anyone all year long, but once the 2nd half came we was wore down. And only way to fix depth is recruiting and time. I believe this year will be Heup worse team going forward as the depth issues are fixed, the rest will come.

I know a lot of yall like to point at, “well it’s year 3”. Well let’s take a look at some coaches that was in year 3 or first time SEC coaches in year 3.

Dabo Swiney;
2008- 4-3
2009- 9-5
2010- 6-7

Saban @ LSU;
2000- 8-4
2001- 10-3
2002- 8-5

Fulmer:
1992- 4-0
1993- 9-2-1
1994- 8-4

Boby Bowden;
1976- 5-6
1977- 10-2
1978- 8-3

Kirby Smart;
2016- 8-5
2017- 13-2
2018- 11-3

Even great coaches have down year 3. Kirby took over a team that was already good, they just needed a little leadership. Not saying Heupel is gonna be remotely close to these guys, but a bad year isn’t a career ender either. Heupel took over far worse situations than any of the coaches I named. So let’s give him time to fully build this thing before everyone jumps on the fire Heupel train. He’s going to be fine, but the plan was always 4-5 years when he took over. It’s a good thing we have this many people mad over an 8-4 season, it just means that Heupel is doing his job in raising expectations, and just shows we are headed in the right direction. Patience is key.
IMG_9804.jpegIMG_9805.jpeg

They have a good tailgating atmosphere with drinks and food. I had to have been close to breaking even on my contribution vs what my wife and I ate/drank during pregame.
100%. The Volunteer Club has some great corporate sponsors, catering, and beer/ alcohol support (including the local Xul brewery). We hit a couple of away game tailgates this year, as well. It's all completely free to members.

Reactions: vol_in_ga
You guys gave $8mil to a not ready for college time QB to sit on the bench all season. I think fans can find better things to do with their hard earn money.
They have no control of the depth chart. I’m sure they where as shocked as many was when they seen Milton struggle and Nico not get a chance. But has the $8 million actually been confirmed? I don’t think he got the entire $8 million upfront. I think he gets a certain amount for every year he plays, but again i haven’t seen anywhere that it’s been confirmed the actual amount.

The same people (On3) that claimed he has an $8 million deal, has his NIL yearly valuation at $1.1 million annually value.

NIL is here to stay regardless if we like it or not. And in order to be Competive with teams that “pay there players” under the table and legally, we need to raise money. Don’t forget it’s gonna take Heupel more than 3 years to clean up the disaster he come into. The NIL collectives are not in charge of roster management.

But let’s look at it like at The VolunteerClub. They have something like 3K current members right now. It’s insane the amount of money they have raised with only 3K members, on top of what Spyre Sports Group is adding. What is stopping the VolClub from having 100,000+ members? If we can fill a stadium every fall and spends hundreds to thousands on game day weekend, then what is stopping us from spending just $5 every month? $5 isn’t a lot and most people will not even miss a $5 monthly deduction from checking account if they have a job. There are many things that could be cut out for 1 day that would generate $5. For example, 100,000 x$5 per month = $500,000. Then multiply that by 12 months and now you’re at $6million a year. Then 90% of that goes to the players which $5.4 million a year.

I understand people are not happy, but abandoning NIL isn’t going to make things better. It’s not the players fault for coaches decisions. It’s not like they are asking you to choose the ‘Tennesseean Membership’ for $500 a month. I think we have room for growth in the NIL world. Right now the Vols have the #1 NIL collectives in the country with what we have now. Imagine if 100,000 just donated $5 a month how much better it would be? No one would be able to come close to what we are doing. And yes I am a member of the Checkerboard membership for $25 a month.

Do you want Tennessee to reach championship level in football? In other sports? Do you want our teams to retain players like Jaylen Wright and Dylan Sampson? How about James Pearce Jr? How about top tier recruits like Nico was? Or this years Mike Matthews? Or 5 star OT Jordan Seaton who announces in a couple weeks?

The Tennessee NIL Collective, Spyre Sports Group, will be at or near the top of most of these "The Best NIL Collectives in College Football" lists ...

The Top 10 NIL Collectives in college football according to On3

In this particular list from On3, Tennessee's Spyre Sports Group is #1.

From the article :

1. Tennessee - Spyre Sports Group

"
The best NIL collective on this list is indisputably the Spyre Sports Group of Tennessee. On3's article highlighted Spyre's role in one of the biggest stories in the history of NIL : Nico Iamaleava's contract with Spyre that had a total value of 8 million dollars. Spyre has it all : a wide base of boosters, a large balance of cash, and a mission designed to allow athletes to pursue their passions and maximize their profits.What might've set Spyre apart from A&M's 12th Man and Fund is the presence of a creativity that some said was lacking in "The Fund's," processes. One example of this is Spyre's process of having member brands, such as a fast-casual burger restaurant, that can be paired with member athletes (perhaps an athlete with an interest in culinary arts), in a way that best suits both parties."

This group is funded by donors. It does not exist without them and it does not remain near the top without them, along with continued and expanded contributions. Donate below. Every dollar counts.

If you’d like to support the Football program specifically, you may do so by donating directly to the University’s Football Excellence Fund below:

Disclosure:

I do not benefit monetarily or any other way by posting this. I am not a Spyre or Vol Club associate. I am merely a contributing member who believes in the cause and wants to see our sports programs succeed, and believe the two entities will help them achieve such success.
No, this is ridiculous. NIL was supposed to enable college players to make money of of their name, image, and likeness. I had no problem with that…but asking me to pay them….heck no. If it’s the end of whatever, so be it.

No, this is ridiculous. NIL was supposed to enable college players to make money of of their name, image, and likeness. I had no problem with that…but asking me to pay them….heck no. If it’s the end of whatever, so be it.
This is what it’s for. This company raises the money and the players get 90% of it. While you get certain perks depending on what type of memeber you are including discounts and drawing for prices and tailgates. The tailgates are awesome!! I attended the game in Nashville and went to the tail gate and they had open bar, cooking breakfast buffet style, and any kind of drink alcohol and nonalcoholic drink for no charge to members. You’re getting something in return when you join. The lowest monthly payment is $5 a month. What’s $5 hurting month?

I am a Checkerboard member also. And have enjoyed some of the give aways and tailgates have made it well worth the $25 a month. I think the Spyre should try to do an ad on the Jumbotron at the games as long as not a NCAA violation of some sort. Probably is though. Would love for as many $5 members as possible. I don't like paying the players either necessarily but figure I would blow $5 or $25 a month on something worse. Really would like to make a push to get more members at $5 level. Maybe giving out info at all of the gates to fans as they come in to the games would be helpful too.

emotional and irrational response. You’re paying them one way or another with every ticket and food or bev item you buy, every tshirt you buy, every game you tune in to, every player you follow on twitter, etc etc. The organization just allows that impact to be more direct, more equitable to players that arent the big names, and ultimately more impactful for the various programs.

And you don’t get to choose how NIL is achieved and it was pretty clear it was going to be unmanageable by the ncaa. You either fully open the can of worms or not at all. And here we are. So you can refuse out of some misguided principal but the rest of us who spend money on our fanhood and are intent on being fans of a championship team are going to recognize where the world is and reallocate lesser utilized dollars towards hopefully seeing improvement and results on the various gridirons.

Reactions: VolMarine1371
I am a Checkerboard member also. And have enjoyed some of the give aways and tailgates have made it well worth the $25 a month. I think the Spyre should try to do an ad on the Jumbotron at the games as long as not a NCAA violation of some sort. Probably is though. Would love for as many $5 members as possible. I don't like paying the players either necessarily but figure I would blow $5 or $25 a month on something worse. Really would like to make a push to get more members at $5 level. Maybe giving out info at all of the gates to fans as they come in to the games would be helpful too.
I would like to see more of that too. Many teams have done in-game advertising for their NIL collectives and seen great results.

Does Spyre also support the womens programs? At one time I think they did but I have also heard they have separate collectives. The Lady Vols have gotten some good players through the portal (now they need to get healthy).

I’m just telling you what the ESPN FPI rankings said about the Vols prior to the season. While it was accurate for the Vols, it was way off on Mizzou. What Heupel inherited was a nuclear wasteland basicly. When he took over, no one including yourself thought he would win NY6 his 2nd year. Even though it was a great year, the team still had flaws up and down the roster, depth issues, worst statistical QB under Heupel in his career, and injuries to the OL, DL, LB, DB, and WR groups along with the depth issues, he still managed to go 8-4. Is 8-4 the expectations? Hell no, and the team and Heupel know that more than anyone. But it still don’t take away the fact he took the hardest job in the country and has exceeded expectations. While coaching under investigations, having 28 scholarships docked, 35 transfers, still dealing with recruiting sanctions along with raising the expectations for UT football again.

By time the season ended UT had significant injuries that did not help matters any. Started the season without Mays, Airon Carter and Pili both ended up out for the season, Thornton and Bru ended up out for the season, Hadden gone for the year. The WR group already had enough issues without injury, but I bet Milton or Heupel wasn’t expecting to lose 2 starting WR’s. Squirrel white was the only starting WR we had by time the season ended. Pili was a caption/Stsrter and Carter was on his way to freshman all American and played significant snaps as a freshman. You can refuse to see it if you want, but the depth is most of the issue. Our starters played with anyone all year long, but once the 2nd half came we was wore down. And only way to fix depth is recruiting and time. I believe this year will be Heup worse team going forward as the depth issues are fixed, the rest will come.

I know a lot of yall like to point at, “well it’s year 3”. Well let’s take a look at some coaches that was in year 3 or first time SEC coaches in year 3.

Dabo Swiney;
2008- 4-3
2009- 9-5
2010- 6-7

Saban @ LSU;
2000- 8-4
2001- 10-3
2002- 8-5

Fulmer:
1992- 4-0
1993- 9-2-1
1994- 8-4

Boby Bowden;
1976- 5-6
1977- 10-2
1978- 8-3

Kirby Smart;
2016- 8-5
2017- 13-2
2018- 11-3

Even great coaches have down year 3. Kirby took over a team that was already good, they just needed a little leadership. Not saying Heupel is gonna be remotely close to these guys, but a bad year isn’t a career ender either. Heupel took over far worse situations than any of the coaches I named. So let’s give him time to fully build this thing before everyone jumps on the fire Heupel train. He’s going to be fine, but the plan was always 4-5 years when he took over. It’s a good thing we have this many people mad over an 8-4 season, it just means that Heupel is doing his job in raising expectations, and just shows we are headed in the right direction. Patience is key.
View attachment 598371View attachment 598372
Nobody is reading a novel. I stopped when you said "I'm just telling" If I wanted ESPN's opinion I would go read ESPN.

I want YOUR opinion, not ESPN's. Are you seriously going to sit here and say, "Florida has better athletes than Tennessee right now"

I would say more physical but better is up for debate. Tennessee **** the bed again. Plain and simply ~not from ESPN.

Lots of questions on here about championships and quality athletes, which are absolutely fine. But, am I the only one wondering how I can go about getting a free burger out of this??

does membership to the Vols Club effect (help) your rank (points) or is that separate and money to the university only?
It does not.

Donating to the Tennessee fund allows access to season tickets & parking passes. The donor rank determines the location.

Donating to Spyre/Vol Club allows access to their tailgates/merch, but doesn't affect TN fund rank.

Nobody is reading a novel. I stopped when you said "I'm just telling" If I wanted ESPN's opinion I would go read ESPN.

I want YOUR opinion, not ESPN's. Are you seriously going to sit here and say, "Florida has better athletes than Tennessee right now"

I would say more physical but better is up for debate. Tennessee **** the bed again. Plain and simply ~not from ESPN.
I wouldn’t necessarily say they are better, but they were the preseason favorite over the Vols. We have not won in the swamp in 21 consecutive years and that goes back to Fulmer days. There just something about Florida we struggle with no matter who the coach is, I don’t understand it either. I was more pissed about Mizzou at first than Florida. Only position Florida had the edge on us at was at QB.

My opinion was I thought we would be 9-3 with 3 losses between UGA, aTm, Bama, UF. I just didn’t know which 3 it would be. So ultimately 1 game off from where I through we would be at prior to the season starting.

Reactions: fossilfiction
I wouldn’t necessarily say they are better, but they were the preseason favorite over the Vols. We have not won in the swamp in 21 consecutive years and that goes back to Fulmer days. There just something about Florida we struggle with no matter who the coach is, I don’t understand it either. I was more pissed about Mizzou at first than Florida. Only position Florida had the edge on us at was at QB.

My opinion was I thought we would be 9-3 with 3 losses between UGA, aTm, Bama, UF. I just didn’t know which 3 it would be. So ultimately 1 game off from where I through we would be at prior to the season starting.
This is fair. IMO they need to peach hate for Florida all offseason.

emotional and irrational response. You’re paying them one way or another with every ticket and food or bev item you buy, every tshirt you buy, every game you tune in to, every player you follow on twitter, etc etc. The organization just allows that impact to be more direct, more equitable to players that arent the big names, and ultimately more impactful for the various programs.

And you don’t get to choose how NIL is achieved and it was pretty clear it was going to be unmanageable by the ncaa. You either fully open the can of worms or not at all. And here we are. So you can refuse out of some misguided principal but the rest of us who spend money on our fanhood and are intent on being fans of a championship team are going to recognize where the world is and reallocate lesser utilized dollars towards hopefully seeing improvement and results on the various gridirons.

Ok, you convinced me. Joined at the checkerboard level this morning.

Send in your money so we can out-bribe other teams for top prospects!!

This is what college football has come to? Who spends the most on bribes? It's corruption--and not for me. It shouldn't be for anybody. It's nonsense.

This is what college football has come to? Who spends the most on bribes? It's corruption--and not for me. It shouldn't be for anybody. It's nonsense.
It always has been. The average fan just gets to participate now

bribery or capitalism? The best teams have been bought for a long time now. NIL just made it legitimate.

Reactions: Titan&Volfan4life

VN Store

Back