QB Casey Kelly

well idk bout this kid, not too hyped up about him.......like i said in another forum lets go get Orhian Johnson. i think he is a diamond in the rough. he has a missle launcher for a arm and is accurate, o and he runs a 4.5 40 while being 6'3''

depth is a good thing.. What year was it that we went through several qbs before ending up with one of the Clausen's. Remeber the Suggs chronicles?

I think there's an excellent chance he signs a pro baseball contract and never see's the Hill. An article I read said his father, brothers, and uncles have all played pro ball, his dad having recently coached in the minors.

This is one recruit that has me scratching my head. I think Kelly is a good QB, but just not sure why UT is recruiting him so hard. We don't appear to need a QB in this class, especially like we need DT's and DE's. He is undecided if he wants to play football, baseball or both. He might not even go to college if he gets drafted high enough in the baseball draft. There are other QB's out there like Sean Renfree that is interested in UT that is rated higher. Rivals doesn't show Tennessee on his list, but he was being recriuted by Cutcliffe before he left and I read and article a few weeks ago that said he was still interested in UT but they haven't contacted him lately. The only thing I can figure is Kelly attended a camp at Richmond under Clawson and Clawson see's a lot more in this guy than anybody really knows. Does anyone have any information on this?

from the recruiting videos on rivals i've seen of Kelly, he seems pretty good to me. I was disappointed just by looking at him for some reason, but then after watching his tapes I was pretty impressed. He's incredibly athletic.

This is one recruit that has me scratching my head. I think Kelly is a good QB, but just not sure why UT is recruiting him so hard. We don't appear to need a QB in this class, especially like we need DT's and DE's. He is undecided if he wants to play football, baseball or both. He might not even go to college if he gets drafted high enough in the baseball draft. There are other QB's out there like Sean Renfree that is interested in UT that is rated higher. Rivals doesn't show Tennessee on his list, but he was being recriuted by Cutcliffe before he left and I read and article a few weeks ago that said he was still interested in UT but they haven't contacted him lately. The only thing I can figure is Kelly attended a camp at Richmond under Clawson and Clawson see's a lot more in this guy than anybody really knows. Does anyone have any information on this?

It sounds like you might finally be getting it. Coaches dont care about rivals rankings. Those rankings dont tell us who the "better player" is. The coaches see the players and decide for themselves. Obviously, Clawson sees the potential that this kid has.

stars just mean they were good in high school and that they have potential. it was stated in another post that we have had several 2 or 3 star players become standouts on the hill. if the coach sees the potential and belives he can coach the kid into greatness, then sign him and get the JOB done.

VN Store

Back