QB Situation Next Year

What should the QBs do next year to have the most success assuming schaffer stays?

• Total voters

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
I''d personally lie to see all 3 be roatated. Think of the Qb onster we could create. :pepper:

hey at least i gave y'all more options this time. i don't remember hearing the word "rotate" in the others. :furious3:

WHAT DOES AINGE HAVE TO DO TO PROVE HE'S WORTHY? guys look at the number he's beaten the teams, played well in big games and managed our offense AS A FRESHMAN. There are no opinions to this. That is a fact. you can say "well I think they should" this is not my opinion, Ainge PROVED he deserved it....he beat shaeffer out and rick clausen wouldn't even have touched the field if Sander didn't call a hail mary at the end of the first half......i hope this is the last i hear of this topic......although its fun to post about :D sorry if i seem upset I just hate that Ainge doesnt get the respect he deserves :dunno:

i'm not saying saying ainge isn't worthy. i'm just saying if one qb struggled another could step in and play. it would keep the defenses guessing too.

Agreed, Ainge is the man. But Shaffer is a valuable weapon. If he stays, I say use them both!

Isn't the passing game all about the timing of the QB and the WR? If they rotate QB's, nothing is going to be consistent.

This thread is not posting right it seems O&W posted today at 10:17 and it's not showing up on the board..what's up?

dont get me wrong......ainge should start every game this year from what he's showed us last year and his potential is sky high......schaeffer is a good change of pace guy...he shouldnt have come to tennessee...we love our pocket qb's here....v-tech mighta been a good fit for someone like him they always build around a mobile qb.....i cant see schaeffer sticking it out....yes and I know Tee was a mobile qb but Tee had pocket presence and I know brent is a rookie but I dont think Brent has the arm for this offense right now

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Feb 15, 2005 10:21 AM
This thread is not posting right it seems O&W posted today at 10:17 and it's not showing up on the board..what's up?

What do you mean?

:machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: :machinegun: No more QB Threads!!! :furious3: :furious3: :banghead: :banghead: :bad: :bad: :bash: :bash:

Anige will be the starter if not him Clausun no more about this subject till we get a lot closer to the season , we've been over this 100 times we still got 199 days till gameday

Attachments

• Peyton_Manning_Banner.gif
    Peyton_Manning_Banner.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 0
If I am not mistaken Shaeffer was stillplaying in the games before he got hurt. The probability that he and Ainge would have still split playingtime through out the year is very high.

I'd tend to think that's only because of what the game plan was, keep them both starting for the benefit of our offense. Schaeffer had moments of brilliance between a bunch of freshman mistakes whereas Ainge had solid, consistent play. Ainge has what it takes, he just needs to elevate his game and he's solid. Schaeffer may as well, but he's got a lot more standing in his way of being able to take the starting job.

But can't sa Ainge didn't make Freshman mistakes also. Ainge and Brent switching sounds good but AInge does deserve the offense all to him self. I'm sure coach Fulmer will get it right and whatever happens I'm gonna go with it.

Oh, he definitley did. But it was only from the fact that he was basically thrown into the heat of things with minimal preparation; Ainge and Schaeffer didn't get a lot of practice time and were thrown right in. After Ainge has gotten a full summer of practice in, I think he will be very good. Even though Randy Sanders can't call plays well, he does know how to train QB's, IMO. His work with Ainge has shown.

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Feb 15, 2005 8:19 AM
Agreed, Ainge is the man. But Shaffer is a valuable weapon. If he stays, I say use them both!

I don't agree with you here......I think if we're going to make a national title run.....We need to do it with one QB and not two

Stick with Ainge as he is our #1

If he does not play well, bring in Brian S.

But now that Gandy is out for the season . . . Do you think we should start a thread about our Center controversey?

VN Store

Back